Support Worker / Team Leader
Wrea Green (Nr. Blackpool / Preston)
Full-time 37.5 hours per week, permanent
£13 per hour
Are you an experienced care professional?
We are looking for an experienced Rehabilitation Support Worker to work with a young man with cerebral palsy and acquired brain injury, in his home and the community.
Your duties will include supporting him with personal care, social and leisure activities, which will assist him to reach his full potential.
As a Team Leader your hours of work will predominantly be during the day to fulfil the tasks of your role, however you will be required to work with flexibility and provide support on shift which will include mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep-in duties, this may also include some weekend working. You will also be required to complete 'on call' duties.
The salary for this role is £13 per hour, depending on experience.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
* You should have previous experience of working with adults.
* Experience of liaising with professionals, completing Support Plans, Supervisions, and Rotas.
* Experience of working with complex needs, learning difficulty and challenging behaviour is essential, MAPPA training is desirable.
* Valid UK driving licence and car ownership is essential.
* You should be trained to NVQ/Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care (or have equivalent experience e.g., completed year 1/level 4 of a recognised health profession degree course).
* This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Our Client is specialist case management and rehabilitation company providing Support Work, Case Management, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Medico Legal services to children and adults across North East England, North West England and Scotland
The company is committed to continuous learning and development of staff. All new starters take part in a peer-reviewed induction program through probation, as well as ongoing supervision. Bespoke in-house training is provided, as well as sourcing specialised client-specific training.
Training courses include:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Mental Capacity & Safeguarding
- Moving and Handling
- Specialised client-specific training
- First Aid
Also offered to all staff:
- Full supervision including regular formal meeting opportunities
- Company Pension
- Participation in our Better Health at Work Scheme
- Company Events, social activities and celebrations
- Staff Newsletter.
Would suit an experienced: Rehabilitation Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, or Support Worker.
Please apply now to avoid disappointment.
Job reference: CB378