Recruiting for one of the largest pension providers in the UK for an "Investment Risk Manager".
The pension fund has in excess of 200,000 members whom are pensioners or beneficiaries. The fund has over £45 billion AUM, and pays out over £1.5 billion in pension payments each year. The schemes investment strategy integrates environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors for its investment process and promotes active stewardship for portfolio companies and assets.
The "Investment Risk Manager" will join a team of four people reporting into the Head Investment Risk Oversight. The role is positioned in 2LOD covering investment risk analysis, MI on scheme risk outcomes and assurances for stakeholders.
- Maintain a robust Investment Risk Management Framework taking into consideration ESG and climate risk targets
- Ensure suitable investment risk management policies are in place and kept up to date
- Analyse risks in relation to the scheme's investment objective and strategy
- Oversee and challenge control testing of the investment function and report on risk management issues
- Lead on internal initiatives to enhance investment risk oversight
- Provide quantitative risk analysis on the scheme's investment strategy and hedging programmes
- Develop risk indicators, stress and scenario tests, limits. Ensure compliance monitoring on remediation breaches
- Provide a second opinion on new investments/strategies
- Responsible for model validation, ensuring they are adequately designed and operate effectively
- Work with Portfolio Management teams to ensure that model changes are documented and implemented
- Assist the Head Investment Risk in embedding the ERM framework on financial risks
- Provide accurate risk information for internal use and external clients
- At least three years experience ideally in an investment risk role within a pension fund/insurance/asset manager
- Strong understanding of financial markets and risk management techniques in an ALM context
- Strong working knowledge of derivatives instruments
- Ability to use investment data sources and risk tools (UBS Delta, Bloomberg etc) and modelling languages in VBA/Matlab
- Solid experience of model validation
- Advanced qualifications and high numeracy CFA/FRM/FIA/CAIA or similar
- Ability to challenge inadequate risk controls
- Highly organised with a positive attitude towards change
- Resilient and self-motivated and a self-starter