Are you looking for a challenging opportunity within Merchandising / Allocation? Do you pride yourself on your analytical skills and stock management ability? Then read on for more information on our Lead Distributor vacancy!
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Distributor to join our Travel Head Office in Houndsditch London. Careful distribution, planning and merchandising keeps our stores well stocked and looking great! It's no mean feat. It takes a lot of innovation, creative thinking and problem solving, as challenges arise all the time. New ideas are welcomed - and you'll see results quickly. If you're constructive, resilient and commercial and able to see the bigger picture, you'll soon find your feet in this varied, fast-moving department.
The purpose of the Distributor role is to build relationships with the Distribution Centres, Suppliers and other Head Office teams in order to manage stock availability to target, whilst keeping the stock inventory within set levels.
* Ensure purchase orders are raised using set order and delivery patterns
* Set up and manage Distribution Centre replenishment parameters to manage availability
* Ensure promotional stock and New lines / Ranges are available in stores to enable successful launches of all promotions / Range Changes
* Effective communication to appropriate stakeholders of key stock information
* Regular contact with the Distribution Centres and suppliers to manage stock intake and throughput
* Lead supply chain activities in landing range reviews and other projects
* Centrally manage stock allocation of promotional lines, New Ranges and stock on restricted supply
* Work closely with the Operations Team to ensure stock related activities are communicated effectively to stores
* Play an active part in weekly meetings within the Trading team to review weekly sales performance and stock levels
* Data analysis on performance of lines using the internal database systems and Excel
* Actively looking for ways to improve the process within the team
The Requirements of the Roles
* Good level Excel
* Ability to pick up new internal systems and databases quickly
* Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads
* Ability to work quickly and accurately in a pressurised environment
* Ability to identify trends and consider the impact on stock, warehouses and stores
* Good understanding of replenishment and allocation methods
* Self motivation
* Commercial awareness
* Ability to make decisions
Why Join us?
Whoever joins us always receives excellent training and development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a profit related bonus, store discount card and childcare vouchers. For customer and career focused individuals this all adds up to a unique opportunity.
If successful, candidates will be required to provide a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and basis of disability. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and encourage them in particular from individuals from under-represented groups at WHSmith. This includes women and people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.