We are looking for an experienced Head of Finance - Financial Accounting & Operations for this key senior management role within this unique but extremely complex organisation based in the heart of London.
In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of technical compliance and best practice financial accounting, providing specialist technical advice and ensuring all statutory requirements are met
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the post holder will lead a team through direct reports that covers:
- Financial Accounting and Control, this will include - financial accounting and statutory reporting
- Cash & Treasury management, this will include - day-to-day banking services, including weekly payment runs, monthly direct debit collections and cashflow monitoring
- Ledgers, this will include - accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Finance Operation and Change - responsible for supporting the finance transformation programme
Your key responsibilities, will include:
- Manage the team to deliver statutory accounts and associated Board and Committee reporting for all entities in line with applicable timetables and regulatory requirements
- Ensure financial systems and processes are well-documented, including ensuring that financial controls are well-designed and implemented
- Management of the balance sheet, including reporting against budget/forecast, and completion of relevant control procedures such as balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure the smooth, well-controlled and timely delivery of month end and year end close, working across the Finance team to develop and improve this in line with best practice
- Promote strong relationships with teams across the organisation to ensure the delivery and improvement of the finance function to further enhance internal and external reporting
- Support and act as an operational finance lead on cross-functional improvement projects
- Promote effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including Bankers, External Auditors and other key suppliers
The successful accountant will be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA qualified accountant with significant post qualified experience. You must be strong manager and have the ability to lead and develop individuals to ensure the delivery of first-class financial data and controls within tight deadlines. You must possess significant financial accounting experience with up-to-date knowledge of reporting under IFRS102 and Charities SORP.