Join us on the Journey...
We have fantastic opportunities in Leicester
, with Woods Coaches
part of National Express Transport Solutions (NETS)
, for individuals interested in becoming a fully qualified Coach Driver!
You could be connecting our customers and be part of the team providing fantastic customer service that we are known for.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career, looking for a different line of work or simply searching for a new challenge, becoming a professional Coach Driver with Woods Coaches may be the perfect job for you.Adventure awaits!
By joining us as a Trainee Coach Driver
, you will enter our Driving Academy where you will learn from one of our many talented Driver Training Instructors. You will be supported in all parts of the job, preparing you to start your new challenge with NETS and Woods Coaches. You will learn all necessary driving rules and regulations, health and safety elements of the Coach Driver role as well as how to provide outstanding customer service to our passengers.Our extensive training and development offerings include:
- Full PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) training worth over £3,000 providing you with a qualification for life
- Free medicals as well as being paid for your time to undertake necessary medicals for CPC renewal
- Guidance whilst passing all modules of the PCV licence acquisition
- CPC training and continuous training to ensure you keep your hard earned qualification
- Extensive route learning and vehicle familiarisation before you hit the road for the first time, including company specific training
Once you have successfully completed your PCV qualification, you will be working with our welcoming team based in Wigston
. You'll be driving across various National Express routes, as well as safely transporting our wide range of clients through private hire contracts, holidays and day trips.What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
Things to note...
- Guaranteed 40 hours of work per week (overtime available)
- £10.50 per hour, once qualified £11.50 for National Express Coach work and for Private Hire work: £10.50 per hour on weekdays, £12.00 on weekends and £13.00 for Bank Holidays.
- Free nationwide National Express coach travel for you, and 50% off for up to 4 family members!
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business
- Free uniform provided for your role
- Company pension
- Paid annual leave
- A variety of deals and discounts via NX online portal including travel, days out, cinema, mobile, car and many more
- Employee Assistance Programme
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment. You may also have experience in the following...
Customer Service, Driver, Driving Licence, HGV, CPC, Passenger Transport, Driving, Delivery Driver, Taxi Driver, Security, Travel, Airport Shuttle, Van DriverIf the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest!