Every?day our teams help people in?businesses and communities?to do what is right and achieve their goals.?
Grant Thornton's well-established UK Restructuring team (UKR) works on a range of complex advisory assignments and insolvency appointments. UKR has advised on some of the most high-profile restructuring and insolvency appointments in the UK and overseas including Greensill, NMCN plc and Wonga. The team has also confidentially advised several global financial institutions on restructuring and dispute related assignments. It has worked across several specialisms including real estate, healthcare, industrials and automotive, consumer finance, insurance and banking.A look into the role:
As an Associate Director
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of case work with minimal partner involvement.
- Assists partners and directors in preparing and pitching for new assignments, proposing relevant, commercial and innovative solutions to client issues.
- Creates space for business development/project work by effectively delegating to the team and liaises effectively with all stakeholders, whilst is aware of the requirements of work providers and, at least, meets their satisfaction standards.
- Able to apply technical knowledge appropriately in the context of individual clients and display both skill and speed in resolving client problems, as well as maintaining impetus on progressing projects and delivers on those projects
- You will take the role of lead contact for multiple client relationships, develop opportunities to win new work and identify and support the development of new products and services. You will balance risks to the firm with commercial opportunities. You will have experience in financial services restructuring, managing and delivering business reviews, winddown and contingency planning.
- Mentor team members to enable them to reach their potential and deliver excellent client service.
- You will take responsibility for compliance, applying best practice, risk management, budgets and billing, providing a timely and profitable service in accordance with the highest professional standards and contributing to the continued growth and development of the department.
- Prepares reports and recommendations for lenders and other stakeholders. Deals with difficult, complex problems and investigates significant issues.
- Understands the strategy of a business and how this aligns with the market in which it operates and seeks to identify new business opportunities and uses them for both personal development and the benefit of the firm.
- Has good understanding of the market and current developments and has good network of external contacts and is proactive in maintaining this network and developing a strong internal network.
KNOWING YOU'RE?RIGHT FOR US??
- Shows interest in departmental management issues and takes on responsibility for discreet projects, as appropriate, whilst also balancing conflicting demands and removes obstacles to achieving results.
Joining?us as an?Associate Director, the?minimum?criteria?you'll need?is?to have:
KNOWING WE'RE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- You must be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with in excess of 5 years post qualification experience appropriate for this role.
- JIEB qualification is preferred, but a necessity of the role.
- Your experience should include managing projects, including independent business reviews, short-term cash flow reviews, accelerated sales processes, contingency planning and execution and insolvency appointments (including pre-packaged administration appointments).
- It is expected that in managing projects you have been responsible for small teams of junior staff, overseeing their work and taking ultimate responsibility for report and document production. You will have been reporting directly to the lead partner or director overseeing the assignment.
- You will have demonstrated a keen interest in developing and maintaining a network of contacts in the restructuring market.
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone.??Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues?helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.?
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom?to bring your whole self to work?and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.?? BEYOND THE JOB???
Life is more than work.?The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's?why we're?happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.?
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.??
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves.?It's how it should be.?