Liberty Global Shared Service Centre (LGSSC) acts as a central specialty service supporting the wider Liberty Global group with specialisms in areas of Finance, Accounting, People, Legal & Systems. This central team supports a number of businesses across the Liberty Global footprint including Virgin Media.
It is an exciting time to join us on our journey as we continue to grow our services; offering a wide range of opportunities to experienced talent who embrace a culture of change & collaboration.
Liberty Global is a world leader in converged broadband, video, and mobile communications services. Our businesses deliver next-generation products through advanced fibre and 5G networks that connect 85 million subscribers across Europe and the United Kingdom. Our businesses operate under some of the best-known consumer brands, including Virgin Media-O2 in the UK, VodafoneZiggo in The Netherlands, Telenet in Belgium, Sunrise UPC in Switzerland, Virgin Media in Ireland and UPC in Eastern Europe.
Our consolidated businesses generate annual revenue of more than $7 billion, while our joint-ventures in the U.K. and the Netherlands generate combined annual revenue of more than $17 billion.
Our global investment arm, Liberty Global Ventures, has a portfolio of more than 50 companies across content, technology and infrastructure, including strategic stakes in companies Plume, ITV, Lions Gate, Univision, the Formula E racing series and several regional sports networks
We're always looking for great talent that wants to Grow With Us.
If you're the kind of person who embraces change, challenges the status quo and has a "sky's the limit" attitude, then our place is your place. Come and join us!JOB PURPOSE
Financial Accounts are responsible for developing and delivering Virgin Media, Sunrise UPC and Liberty Global Central's financial accounting activity, including:
- BOCF accounting and reporting (debt, derivatives, SBCE etc);
- Accounting for LG Investment companies;
- Cash & bank and Treasury activity accounting;
- Intercompany and Affiliate accounting;
- Fixed assets, inventory and lease accounting;
- Group consolidation accounting;
- Balance sheet and working capital analysis and reporting, balance sheet governance;
- Reporting monthly results to Liberty Global parent company; and
- Preparation of subsidiary company statutory accounts (UK and NL), Bank Group and other regulatory reporting.
The Senior Managers manage Financial Accounting teams to ensure the delivery of robust, accurate and complete accounting information and reporting, in compliance with SOX controls and other governance requirements, and executed to technical policies, interpretations and guidance.
Manages internal and external stakeholder relationships that impact your team's areas of responsibility. Key stakeholders are: Financial Control; Treasury; Company Secretarial; External Auditors and wider Accounting Operations teams.
Provides coaching and supports development of team members.
Delivers continuous process improvements to simplify and improve efficiency and quality.KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEPREFERRED EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Professional Accountancy qualification (ACA; ACCA etc) with at least 3 years PQE. Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Exposure to complex accounting (e.g. complex debt; derivative; fair value and share based compensation) along with experience of working within large corporate structures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in a complex environment, delivering to deadlines.
- Team management.
- Experience of preparing or auditing UK Companies Act financial statements under IFRS (FRS101) or FRS102.
- Strong excel skills essential.
- Financial systems skills beneficial (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion/HFM)
* Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.
- Assurance mindset - the ability to review accurately, but also to identify risks in processes and reconciliations and articulate/resolve/mitigate these as part of the monthly accounting cycle
- Communicator - to provide clear and meaningful interpretation of analysis conducted. To be able to lead and control meetings with senior stakeholders
- Stakeholdering - to be able to understand finance and operational stakeholder's needs and requirements in order to provide excellent customer service. To understand the correct balance between challenge and support of these stakeholders in order to raise both the profile and external perception of the team
- Collaboration - working across internal and external teams in multiple locations to deliver improvements and best practice within the team
- Self- motivated - Well-organised, adaptable and resilient. Responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace. Ability to work under pressure
- Solution driven - creative thinker, open to change and different ways of doing things
- Develops great relationships, is straight up and fair, always credible, accessible and approachable. Is mindful of the commercial aspects and impacts on people
- Always tries to delightfully surprise and exceed expectations, capable self starter & proactive, stand by decisions and actions, commit to things that are delivered
- Always look for ways to improve the service or experience given, is insatiably curious and works creatively to challenge the status quo and make decisions
- Through heartfelt service puts people first, shows energy and enthusiasm in their job commitment to working in a smart, collaborative and efficient way to deliver business value.
- Providing sensational service in everything we do, professionalism and always thinking of the best way to partner the business effectively
- Create a smart disruption by challenging the way things are done, having a critical eye, learning from activities and being prepared to try new ways of doing things. Ability to adopt a consultative approach with our partners
- Location: LG UK Bradford (37,5 hours per week)
- Type: Full time