Reed Engineering are working with a global leader in specialised components and subsystems for innovative solutions in medical, science, aerospace, defence and industrial applications.
They are seeking a Project Manager to join the RF Power business, primarily working on defence based projects. As a result you will need to be eligible for Security Clearance and a UK National.
They are looking for a Project Manager with drive and commitment to enhance their project management team, manage strategic R&D and customer funded projects and work with the team to improve management and governance processes and mentor more junior project roles.
In this role you will take responsibility for the following:
- Managing cross-functional teams of engineers and manufacturing staff to deliver projects on time, to cost and quality.
- Ensuring that effective project management techniques are consistently applied and demonstrating adherence to project management process
- Leading by example, showing your team how to hit targets and mentoring more junior roles.
- Forge strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure that goals and objectives are clearly communicated, understood and executed.
- Detailed scheduling of projects in Microsoft Project and publishing into the MS Project Server system.
- Agreeing appropriate Phase Gate Reviews for Projects and ensuring they are held in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the scope of the project is clearly understood, documented and managed with the customer, external or internal.
- Identification of project risk, issues and dependencies, seeking resolution before escalation.
- Interfacing with the Finance Team to establish and monitor budget, by ensuring the availability and analysis of relevant data such as schedule derived ETCs and factored risk cost exposure.
- Preparing dashboards for each of your Projects and presenting status to the Senior Leadership Team monthly.
- Work with Business Development, Engineering and Programme Directors to develop technical and commercial solutions to customer's requirements.
- Contributing to the improvement of the project management processes.
To be successful in this role you are likely to have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience of managing engineering projects through all or part of the lifecycle from bid to production, with an emphasis on production.
- Demonstrable experience of energising teams to meet critical timescales and deliver projects.
- Ability to manage customer expectations and avoid unwanted scope creep.
- Good understanding of risk management and how this is used to manage a project.
- Persuasive and clear communication skills across all levels of the business.
- Strong problem solving capabilities.
- Sound judgement - understanding when to own and brief and when to escalate.
- Proficiency in the use and understanding of Project Management / resource tools such as MS Project and MS Project Server or other enterprise project management tool.
- A working knowledge of SAP would be beneficial
- Knowledge and qualification in APM Body of Knowledge, PRINCE2, PMP methodologies or similar.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply now!