Founded in 1946, Selwood is a £90m turnover company employing 500+ staff throughout its nationwide network of branches and is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
We are known for our vision to be the No. 1 supplier of choice locally, based on our first class service and quality of our equipment. Selwood is the only UK company that manufactures, hires and sells its own pumps with over 70% now being exported through a worldwide distributor network.
We are looking for Mobile Electrician to join the team at our busy Dartford branch. This role covers Monday to Friday 40 hours per week as well as being part of an on call rota.
The Mobile Electrician will be responsible for maintaining, installing, servicing and the repair of electrical and mechanical equipment between branches and customers sites in a safe, professional and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will hold practical and electrical engineering skills.
It is essential that applicants hold an ECS Gold Card or have the relevant qualifications in Electrical Installations to obtain an ECS Gold card.
Tasks and responsibilities for this role include:
* Carry out electrical installation work efficiently in accordance with the current I.E.E.Regulations for Electrical Installations, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
* Maintain, install, service and repair electrical/mechanical pump sets, within the hire fleet and also any customer units as required to the required legislative standards.
* Produce reports and estimates to repair set units and advise on safety issues as necessary.
* Ensure necessary Risk Assessment/Method Statements are adhered to.
* Acknowledge and adhere to site specific requirements specifically Health & Safety procedures.
* Be able to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs.
* Update relevant databases to ensuring accuracy of the information.
* Maintain excellent internal and external Customer relations by displaying politeness, respect and co-operation with Staff, Customers, and members of the public or other road users alike. When on site act as an ambassador of Selwood Limited, promoting both the Company brand products and image.
* Communicate accurately to your immediate line manager, work colleagues and customers regarding certain job specifications when required, e.g. ETA's, missing and damaged items. Obtain signatures, full name, date and times when delivering and collecting.
* Ensure branded work clothing is worn at all times and comply with all PPE requirements either by Selwood or specific customer site regulations.
* Carry out any specific tasks as detailed by your immediate line manager in accordance with the Company Policies and Procedures.
* To undertake call outs for the branch as part of a call out rota.
Essential to be a JIB Qualified Electrician and to be able to meet the requirements to obtain a ECS Gold card.
Preferred - 18th edition
Selwood are pleased to offer;
* Competitive salary
* Increased overtime rates
* Stand by allowance of £105 per week + minimum call out payable of 4 hours at time and a half
* Usage of company van for business use
* Pension scheme (Contributory Salary Sacrifice)
* 24 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
* Increasing annual leave entitlement with long service
* Supported personal development and Professional Training provided
* On site parking
This role is not open to Agencies - Please no calls or emails - Thank you