Location: East Dorset
Salary: £44-£48k DOE
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for all aspects of planning and managing the material flow to fulfil customer requirements, including purchasing, planning, supplier management and all inventories. It is a position that works closely and collaboratively with the Production Supervisor to ensure customer sales orders and internal orders are delivered on time and achieve or improve on the planned factory cost. This individual will be responsible for defining goals, coordinating supplier activities, delivering projects, managing budgets, resolving problems and ensuring strategies result in cost-effective, on-time delivery of quality products.
My client is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Supply Chain Manager who is operational and who has excellent procurement skills and experience. You will be all about managing the risks from the pressures on the global supply chain that may affect them, looking at SLA's and some performance management of their suppliers. You will have experience of motors, electric components and moving parts.
This is a great opportunity to make this role your own. Whilst purchasing has traditionally been managed by a different department, it now needs a more robust structure and process.
You will also have some people management experience as you will be managing a small team. You will have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in supply chain, logistics, production planning, purchasing and inventory control with a minimum of 2 years of this being within manufacturing. You will also have strong experience of ERP/MRP/Kanban systems and be IT literate with excellent organisational and communication skills. If you have any lean manufacturing experience then this would be preferred but isn't essential.
1. Develop and maintain effective supplier relationships to ensure robust supply with quality and cost-effective materials - including supplier business reviews, monitoring and rating systems, comprehensive selection processes, etc.
2. Oversee of forecasts, creation of purchase orders, execution of internal work orders, and maintenance of schedules in accordance with approved procedures for the planning, purchasing, and distribution
3. Manage supply chain initiatives in conjunction with the sales and manufacturing teams to drive aggressive growth
4. Negotiate stock retention at Supplier in readiness for business requirement
5. Track and monitor KPI targets as published for supplier on time delivery, quality and acknowledgement performance, taking corrective action when necessary
6. Maintain supply plan in NetSuite to drive requirements to Purchasing and Production. Maintain static purchasing data within NetSuite (lead-times, payment and delivery terms, cross-reference part numbers, approval and categorization status, inspection codes, price breaks, material routings).
7. Negotiating contracts for the organization and implementing service level agreements with suppliers for best value, quality, price, and lead-time. Maximise spend efficiencies.
8. Responsible for Stock Levels and introducing best practice on day-to-day stock control to include stock takes and cyclical inventory checks.
9. Minimise risk to supply by negotiation of long-term agreements with key suppliers-
10. Achieve and improve where possible on planned material cost and report reason and mitigating actions for any adverse variances (PPV).
11. Design, implement and manage a supplier monitoring and development program in conjunction with QA. To include reviews to progress supplier objective plans and addressing shortfalls in regard to delivery or quality performance
12. Manage and report on long lead-time and high risk (sole source) suppliers, and take mitigating actions to reduce risk as appropriate.
13. Communicate with suppliers open order status and progress purchase orders to ensure original / required promised delivery dates are kept on schedule.
14. Report on material shortages for work orders and sales orders, purchase price variance (PPV) and lead-time status for all materials.
15. Maintain a positive, high-performance environment that fosters extraordinary customer satisfaction, enhanced morale and individual employee development through team building, coaching, training, feedback / reviews and goal setting
16. Implement robust process for NPD supplier and component selection in conjunction with QA requirements