Axon Moore are working with a leading B2B retail organisation based in the Oldham area, who are looking for an Interim Management Accountant to cover a period of maternity, circa 12 months FTC.
They are a global leading business and a well-established family business head quartered in Oldham.
A privately-owned PLC with a turnover of £110 million & employing 300 staff, they have grown organically with a clear vision to be the best in the industry through re-investing into IT, Logistics, & Design.
The staff are at the heart of this business; a unique company that is able to offer employees the perks associated with a listed organisation boasting an impressive array of large customers, whilst also offering the appeal of a close knit, inclusive working environment too.
Reporting directly to the FD you will be responsible for the line management of one individual and ensuring end to end management accounts and reporting guidelines are adhered to.
• Working closely with the FD to implement operational efficiencies, processes and undertake analysis as required.
• Management of small team in the Financial Accounting team, responsible for all financial accounting including regular MI, Standard Costs as well as statutory & compliance.
• Point of contact for external Auditors & Tax advisors.
• VAT - both for the UK & Irish Companies
• Annual consolidation of overseas branches
• Responsibility for producing monthly Management accounts pack, Monthly Flash Profit report and presenting to the Directors.
• Overseeing all of the Month end closure, including:
- Accruals and Prepayments.
- Provisions for various areas including customer based Retrospective rebates and Discounts.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of FA register
- Variance analysis
• Oversee the preparation of quarterly Royalty Returns
• Prepare Profit & Loss analysis by customer.
• Prepare company budgets for Balance sheet and Profit & Loss.
• Supporting heads of wider divisions and departments, developing strong relationships with them.
We are looking for an outstanding Management Accountant with a good work ethic and an amiable disposition. Able to join a well-established, highly functional team and add value.
Ideally you will be a qualified accountant - ACCA, CIMA (although we will consider strong QBE's)and have some retail or e-commerce experience (not essential) plus be an approachable, down to earth Accountant with excellent communication skills, strong IT skills including good excel skills and some experience with ERP systems, (preferably JD Edwards, but not essential).
Please send a CV to be considered