Electrical Operations Manager
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Operations Manager to join a dynamic forward-thinking company based in Rushden and specialising in Industrial sites.
The company has been established for over 40 years and is proud to provide a professional, reliable service to the Industrial and Commercial sector, with an excellent reputation for quality care and customer service and a winner of the Northamptonshire SME awards 'Employer of the Year'.
We work on a variety of sites including recycling, printing, farming, and processing plants providing our customers with complete electrical support service, from installing supplies, lights, distribution boards from 16-amp supply to a 2000-amp MCCB Board. Our Installation team also carry out EICR's and maintenance.
In addition to install, our breakdown and mechanical engineers carry out diagnostics and repairs on customer's machines onsite, carry out machine maintenance, and repair pumps and motors in our fully equipped workshop.
We are not contractors; we have valued customers under our care, and good customer skills are essential to us.
This is a brand new, permanent, role for an Electrical Operations Manager / QS.
· Delivering installation projects on time and to profit.
· Manage an efficient and profitable Breakdown and Workshop service.
· You will need to have experience in Electrical Installations on Industrial sites. You will be liaising with the NICEIC and be responsible for ensuring our ongoing compliance with the electrical regulations.
· Have knowledge of, and experience on control circuits.
· Leading and coaching a qualified team of Breakdown, Installation and Mechanical Engineers.
· Assessment of engineer's technical skills and upskilling requirements.
· Delivering feedback to staff member.
· Responsible for recruitment, training, and personal development of team members.
· Ensure all engineers have the correct equipment, materials, and training, to carry out their roles effectively and safely.
· Encourage an engaged and safe working environment for all.
· Support sales activities including technical specification advice.
· Report on Monthly and Annual P & L. With supporting evidence and proposals.
· Carry out site visits and produce quotations. Ensure jobs are brought in on budget.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
· Day-to-Day Staff management
· To undertake site installation work.
· On-site maintenance and service.
· Management of internal workshop.
· Be able to work alone or as part of a team.
· Fault-finding and Solution thinking.
· 18th Edition is essential
· ECS Card advantageous
· 2391 Test & Inspection an advantage
· NVQ level 3/AM2 or equivalent
· Previous experience within a similar role working in an industrial environment essential.
· 25 Days holiday
· £48000. To £52000.
· Mobile phone
· Work van for work purposes only - We pay for your fuel to and from your home.
· Pension scheme
· Bupa Health Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Permanent & Total Disability Benefit.
· Personal Accident Cover.
· Based in Rushden, Northamptonshire.
If you feel you have the relevant skills to fulfil this this role, then please apply now