Electrical Site Manager
Our Client is one of Britain's most innovative and ambitious renewable energy companies. They have evolved to become UK market leaders in the financing, development, construction and maintenance of renewable energy projects. They are high voltage power engineering contractor with full Lloyds National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS) accreditation up to and including 33 KV across all scopes. Their expanding and knowledgeable team aims to build the highest quality generators available in the UK market, focused on producing extremely high yield in terms of power generated. They emphasise on Transparency, Quality and Innovation.
They are seeking an Electrical Site Manager at Willoughby, Nottingham.
Department: Electrical Site Management
Reports to: Project manager
Direct reports: Operations Manager
The Site Manager will work on electrical projects on behalf of Ethical Power Connections and will involve projects ranging in voltages from LV through to 132kV.
The role will involve working as part of a team to achieve delivery of projects on time whilst adhering to all safety regulations, quality standards and project specifications. The role reports directly to the Project Manager. You'll have working experience on both private and DNO electricity networks, with both LV and HV experience. You should have a high regard for safety. A clean driving licence and flexible approach to working hours, travel and work location.
The role includes the following roles and responsibilities:
• Working as part of a team.
• To develop and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
• To develop skills to be able to work independently.
• To develop and demonstrate a strong understanding of High Voltage Power Systems.
• The development and improvement of the company Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental assurance system and policies.
• Organise sites so that work is carried out to the required standard with minimum risk to employees, other contractors, the public, equipment or materials and in accordance with the requirements of the site's Construction Phase Plan.
• Maintain installation practices are recorded via the use of ITPs.
• Update the health and safety file appropriately.
• Working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Follow all published guidelines, standards, policies and procedures to ensure a satisfactory delivery of work
• Maintain and develop competence level and technical skills to ensure delivery to high standards.
• Attend training as required to maintain knowledge and application of systems and procedures. (Role relevant training will be funded by the company)
• Overseeing the delivery of projects from a site perspective.
• Liaising with the client on site.
• Managing Sub-Contractors.
• Reviewing contractors RAMS and associated Health and Safety documentation and ensuring that sub-contractors are working to company and Lloyds National Electricity Registration Scheme Standards. Ensuring that sub-contractors are working and keeping to the issued Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Work Instructions and Designs.
• Ordering short lead time materials and plant through the Project Manager. Liaising with sub-contractors, ensuring that all materials are ordered and on site for when sub-contractors works are programmed in.
• Carrying out site audits.
• Organising mobilisation of major projects.
• Deliver scheduled/unscheduled work to time and standard in accordance with company procedure and guidance.
• Maintain awareness of clients' Health & Safety policy and company policies and keep up to date on changes that impact your role.
• Adhere to the Safety Rules, of clients' and its customers.
• Complete and record risk assessments and Daily Diary sheets as instructed.
• Take reasonable care or yourself and others who may be affected by your actions
• Promptly record all accidents and near misses
• Report any concerns regarding Safety, Health or the Environment to your supervisor
• Use all machinery, equipment, substances, transport and plant appropriately and in line with company guidance.
• A minimum of 5 years' Experience working as an Electrical Site Manager for grid connections/renewable energy
• A minimum of 5 years' Experience working as an Electrical Tradesman for an ICP/DNO
• Safety Passport/CSCS
• Highly organised with an ability to prioritise
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to effectively problem solve and think outside the box
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build rapport with ease
• Professional demeanour and presentation
• Self-motivated, driven and goal orientated
• Proactive nature and initiative-taking approach to work tasks
• Willingness to develop and learn new skills
• Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook)
• Excellent attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
• Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
• Team player attitude
• DNO and/or NG Authorisations
• Forklift/telehandler operative to CPSP
* CV's Accepted until 6th May 2022
Shortlisting of CV's by 10th May 2022
Stage 1 interviews by 15th March 2022 (Virtual on MS Teams)
Stage 2 interviews by 20th March 2022 (Face to Face)
Appointment on 22th March 2022
* Starting in 25th May 2022
* Lasting for 6 months
* Rate: £(Apply online only)/Day (DOE)
How to Apply
Do not hesitate to get in touch, our client is actively recruiting for this role and needs someone in position ASAP. Please submit your CV without delay