Major Incident Manager
SCC is Europe's largest independently owned IT services group. We have been established for over 38 years, have over 5,000 employees within Europe and a turnover in excess of £2.75 billion. We deliver innovative, business critical and cost reducing IT solutions to both private and public sector organisations.
Our Customer Response Centre provides first, second- and third-line support to our clients and under ITIL governance, comprehensive Incident and Problem Management.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Major Incident Manager, to join our established team.
The key objective of this role is to effectively manage the lifecycle of a Major Incident and to ensure speedy service restoration minimising business impact to the customer, ensuring the customer has the information they require to manage their business expectations.
The role will be covering a split shift rota and will include leading and mentoring a small team out of hours as well as being part of a larger team when on day shift.
Overall Job Purpose:
The Incident Manager will monitor and liaise with Incident owners as required and will manage / own High Priority incidents through to resolution.
Effective management of communications to internal and external key stakeholders.
Invocation of defined escalation models in a timely fashion.
To ensure resources are used in the most efficient way to minimize the impact of any Major Incidents, whilst providing the highest levels of client satisfaction.
Main Duties of the Job:
Monitor and liaise with the incident owners as required, throughout the life of an incident to ensure the actions to resolve are completed within SLA.
Own and manage Major Incidents through to resolution in line with agreed service levels
Co-ordinate of restoration plan with the appropriate resolver groups.
Invocation of escalation process in accordance with process.
Act as the focal point of communication for the internal and external key stakeholders for Major Incidents
To write, validate and distribute Major Incident Reports to high quality standards
Effective triage of Major Incidents in accordance with process OLA's and KPI's
Provide clear and concise updates within the Service Management tool for audit purposes.
Engagement with 3rd party suppliers to ensure action plans are in place to ensure prompt resolution of Major Incidents.
Delivery of Service Improvement items allocated within the agreed timeframe.
Adhere to the Major Incident Management process, policy and procedure and raise potential improvements which support Continual Service Improvements.
Delivery against service performance metrics.
Conduct and report upon the output of Due Diligence across the Major Incident Management service for new business as part of Service Transition.
Attend Major Incident Management workshops for new customer.
Conduct post incident reviews, identifying lessons learnt and driving improvement.
Document and track Major Incident actions through to completion.
Operational point of escalation for all Major Incidents.
Highlight and escalate process failures to the Major Incident Management Team Manager.
* Skills Knowledge & Experience:
* Essential Capabilities
* The following general capabilities will be required:
* Community collaboration. You know how to work collaboratively within a group, actively networking with others and varying feedback for the appropriate time to ensure the discussion sticks. You can use your initiative to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them. You can pull out issues through agile health-checks with the team to provoke the right responses.
* Incident management. You can lead the investigation and resolution of incidents
* Ownership and initiative. You can take accountability of issues that occur and be proactive in searching for potential problems. You know how to achieve excellent customer outcomes.
* Service focus. You know how to see the bigger picture and can investigate how to get the best of underlying services.
* Problem management. You can initiate and monitor actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems, including consulting specialists where required. You can determine the appropriate remedy and assist with implementation of it as well as preventative measures
* Technical understanding. You understand core technical concepts related to the role and can apply them with guidance.
* Asset and configuration management. You can track, log and correct information to protect assets and components.
* Acts with authority. Has a high level of knowledge, is an expert in his/her field. Conveys this level of knowledge
* Sets the right tone. Professional, calm, confident, assured
* Drives a sense of urgency. Understands business impact and drives calls aligned to that impact
* Acts on commitments. Follows through on responsibilities, builds confidence
* Resource management. Able to manage human resources to achieve outcomes
* Organised. Able to assimilate large amounts of information
* Defines clear actions. Can translate outcomes into bite-size steps to achieve the outcomes
* Driving actions. Maintains appropriate pressure to achieve actions set (to achieve outcomes)
* Decision maker. Can use information to make effective decisions
* Effective communication (written and oral). Can communicate up and down in an effective and non-sensational manner
* Able to gauge urgency. Can sense urgency from other stakeholders and adjust appropriately
* Command and control /collaborative mix. Moves between directive and democratic leadership at the appropriate times
* Sound judgement. Can use information gathered to make good judgements
* Effective planner. Can chunk information into achievable and communicable steps
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.