Finance Business Analyst
6 Months initial contract
London and Remote (Hybrid)
£650 Per day (Inside IR35)
My client, a well known high street bank are looking for a Finance Business Analyst to join their fast paced team for an initial 6 months working within their Global Finance team that delivers complex transformational and important regulatory change.
The ideal candidate will come from a banking/financial services background.
The Finance on The Cloud Business Analyst will support the analysis, design and delivery stages of the Business Finance area of the programme, with a key focus on the Data aspects of the project. This will cover the definition of detailed business requirements, supporting the solution design process and also being fully involved in the end-to-end change and implementation process (testing and validating the system solution and processes within the operating model). Other key aspects will include data sourcing, analysis and validation, solution functionality validation, report / extract validation, automation and EUC remediation, user tooling or automation testing activities, supporting the management of the product backlog and supporting the facilitation of UAT / Dress Rehearsal cycles whilst ensuring that all deliverables adhere to the business Risk & Control framework.
On the job details-
* Work with dynamic plans in a fast moving environment, continually assessing priorities and progress and adjusting course where necessary, being sure to maintain alignment with other programme workstreams
* Support delivering the activities to enable effective implementation and mitigate risk and issues. (e.g. stakeholder engagement, set up of new teams, training and communication, contingency plan, through to business readiness assessment, roll out and benefits realisation)
* Partner with various programme workstreams, specifically requirements, design and delivery, to enable the transition of programme deliverables from workstreams into business as usual processes
* Partner with the IT to help ensure their contributing delivery responsibilities are successful
* Partner with the Operation, Analytics and TOM team to ensure they are embedded in the business transition activities
* Support the data sourcing leads in developing and validating the required data models and provide pragmatic options for phasing
* Responsible for data analysis across the business finance landscape in order to provide data requirements for the overall SDI design. This will start with systems and processes supporting UK, but will expand to Global in line with the programme plans.
* Deep understanding, review, challenge of Finance wide manual adjustments and EUC's including recommending automated solutions in order to minimise operational risk and time
* Apply some understanding of different test approaches (waterfall, Agile, v-model), tools and techniques to participate in test preparation and execution activities
* Support completion of the implementation entry and exit/sign-off governance. Support the execution of exit deliverables - completion of scripts, completeness of results, exit reports, etc.
* Execute deliverables in alignment with the business Change Framework standards.
* Support the internal and external audit where required. Ensure the relevant controls are met
* Contribute detailed existing business finance knowledge in order to shape the target state.
* Establish and lead design workstreams and manage teams day to day
* Set the framework for requirements gathering, translation and management throughout the project life cycle ensuring use of appropriate tools and techniques for the context and application of the required standards
* Apply Agile concepts to ways of working where appropriate
* Manage detailed definition of system requirements, including configuration and testing approach
* Apply an understanding of business and Finance priorities, drivers and challenges to lead design of strategically aligned solutions, considering aspects of risk/reward
* Draw on a broad experience of the opportunities technology provides in order to design quality solutions to business challenges and deliver benefits
* Process knowledge - The Analyst should be able to understand the end-to-end process and the implications of that process for testing including elements of accounting and finance processes.
* Solution knowledge - The Analyst should be able to understand the end-to-end solution and the implications of that solution for testing including infrastructure, technology and interface design.
* Testing Methodologies - The Analyst should have some understanding of approaches to testing - Waterfall, v-model, Agile.
* Scope: The role holder will typically deal with supporting the delivery of large scale, complex, global change, which spans organisation boundaries and multiple workstreams.
* Sign off and benefits realisation: The role holder must support business sign off to agree the project transition to business as usual, while ensuring all necessary ongoing activities are in place to drive benefits realisation.
* Evolving plans: The role holder must work with dynamic plans in a fast moving environment, continually assessing priorities and progress and adjusting course where necessary, being sure to maintain the buy-in of stakeholders