We have a current opportunity for a Delivery Manager on a contract basis. The position will be based in Reigate.
The Delivery Manager is responsible for the management of change to deliver the capabilities or solutions required to meet the company's strategic objectives.
The role reports directly to a Programme Manager and is positioned within the Change team, which is in turn part of the company Delivery function. The assignments for the jobholder will be under the direction of a Programme Manager or Head of Agile Delivery (who may not be their line manager). The assignments are pan business and are often a mix of Business and Technology.
The jobholder needs to be able to influence and drive activity without the benefit of line management responsibility. The jobholder will maintain a close relationship with key stakeholders to understand and manage their expectations.
1 Job Role Accountabilities
The principal responsibilities of the role are to:
• Assist in the collaborative, dynamic planning process - ensure feature pipeline is populated in a timely manner by understanding the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
• Manage effective delivery of change, using the appropriate agile methodology, learning and iterating frequently which enables the benefits/value identified to be realised as early as possible.
• Build and maintain effective relationships within the Value Stream(s), the business, key stakeholders and wider teams.
• Adhere to change governance whilst ensuring that the final deliverables meet the customer's goals and outcomes.
• Proactively manage cross-functional work and dependencies.
• Support effective budget management within the constraints of a value stream, initiative or piece of work. Retain a continued awareness of the budget against actual cost incurred.
• Identify and proactively manage key risks and blockers and escalate where appropriate in a timely manner.
• Ensure appropriate metrics/KPIs for delivery are accessible and visible.
• Actively participate in the community of practice - sharing, re-applying skills and knowledge and introducing good practice.
2 Corporate Accountabilities
• Develop competence: to focus on continuous improvement of your personal competence and professional development and support your colleagues and their continuous improvement where possible
• Behaviours: support and act in line with the company Behavioural Principles.
• Conduct Risk: to work within the Group's Conduct Risk Policy and specific working practices identified in the department to treat customers fairly.
• Risk: to understand and work within the company's risk framework
3 Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behaviours
Essential for the role Desirable
• Relevant Project Management qualification such as APMP or PMI
• Leading SAFe SA SAFe4 certification
• Professional Scrum Master certification
Skills and Knowledge
• Impartial - Reflects a true delivery picture, does not attempt to communicate only good news or what people want to hear and avoids expressing personal views.
• Proactive - Looks ahead for potential problems and takes preventative or mitigating action in advance. Does not get caught in permanent 'reactive' mode.
• Managing stakeholder relationships - Engages and manages stakeholders effectively, resolving issues and understanding drivers/needs.
• Managing 3rd party suppliers.
• Self-Drive/resilience - Responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace. Bounces back from disappointments with renewed determination.
• Learning - Ability to learn new skills quickly and effectively.
• Dealing with uncertainty - Ability to work in an uncertain changing environment.
* Strong experience (at least 5 years) of project/ programme management in an agile, multi-disciplined and commercial environment, in roles across Business and IT.
* Strong stakeholder, negotiation and conflict management skills.
* Broad knowledge of different delivery methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban
* Broad experience (at least 2 years) in the Financial Services sector and ability to apply this experience to the needs of the business.
* Good relationship management skills (to Director Level).
* Good delivery management experience in multi-functional projects.
* Good experience of Agile and Lean practices.
* Good awareness of the control environment within a financial services organisation.
* Good awareness and understanding of Conduct Risk.
* Good experience of managing external suppliers