In this "Coach / Player" role, you are responsible for leading, motivating and developing the team who provide the implementation services for all our Enterprise Data clients in EMEA.
Youâ€™ll be hands-on in partnering with and understanding how Bloomberg solutions meet client requirements, leading the team to plan, deliver and execute projects across the Enterprise product landscape. On a daily basis under your guidance and support, the team will be driving these projects forward to meet agreed timelines, delivering exceptional levels of service and realizing revenue targets to agreed dates. You will act as the point of escalation for your team ensuring that obstacles are removed and risks to deliver are highlighted and mitigated.
As a part of the leadership of our Enterprise Data Service Delivery team in the region, you're ultimately responsible for the service received by our clients and ensuring their experience is a positive one including their transition in to a production environment with the long term goal of influencing their decision to partner with Bloomberg for future projects.
Weâ€™ll trust you to concentrate on the below core focus areas; 1: IMPLEMENTATION
- Ensure team members are partnering with the engagement team and that all stakeholders are familiar with the clientsâ€™ success criteria, establishing regular communication with the client throughout the implementation process to ensure partnership towards a common goal and delivery timelines
- Revenue management is imperative to business success and you must be able to demonstrate an ability to manage financially dependent schedules whereby you ensure all parties are getting the best of their contract value.
- Have oversight of the collaboration taking place with the Technical Account Managers to ensure current projects, maintenance and forecasts are being tracked with exceptions being flagged and milestones agreed
- Encourage your team to build relationships with their clients, with a focus on keeping them updated, providing relevant training and acting as their primary point of contact for the duration of the project
- Take ownership of the final solution delivery and ensure that it is fit for purpose; working with the client and production support to ensure all applications from the original forecast are being used as anticipated and the project can be closed within expected time-frames
2: PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Leverage existing materials and build relationships to gain exposure to the processes involved in implementing the Enterprise product suite
- Build and maintain relationships with the product management team to ensure you have the right information at the right time to disseminate with your regional team and global counterparts
- Share your experiences with others to ensure a well-balanced, cross-trained team that is capable of handling the entire product range
- Be proactive on product feedback and client experience to build and maintain a cycle of best in class development.
3: OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS
- A mind-set of continuous improvement is a must, with a desire and drive to own, manage and develop new or existing processes
- Balance the needs of the business with those of our clients, ensuring that our implementations are exact and fit for purpose
- Develop the team to accept and participate in regular changes with the goal of continuous improvement and setting new standards
- Work with internal service partners to develop the overall service delivery process and reduce the time to deliver Enterprise services
4: LEADERSHIP & TALENT MANAGEMENT
Youâ€™ll need to have:
- Motivate team members to perform at the peak of their potential and build team spirit
- Provide coaching & development for all members of the team
- Ability to give clear, constructive and actionable feedback
- Collaborate closely with our global offices to drive projects and maintain a cross-regional operations
- Strong technical project management background with the ability to influence stakeholders and work to a deadline
- Ability to learn and apply technical implementation processes quickly and efficiently
- Knowledge / experience in business process re-engineering and leading automation initiatives.
- Knowledge of public cloud implementation and services
- Knowledge of the concepts of market data compliance rules and regulations
- Experience with infrastructure implementation and design for network and server hardware and software.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with a deep desire to lead
- Ability to manage your time effectively, multi-task and work well under pressure in a team environment
- Prior experience in coaching and people development
Weâ€™d also love to see:
- Awareness of trading applications and enterprise data systems is also desirable
- Programming skills in Python or other major language
- Broad knowledge and experience of market data tools, reporting, entitlement and administration systems
- Awareness of software development, actual working experience with development would be great to see
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org