Our client is looking for an Assistant Relationship Manager to join their team on a FTC.
The main purpose of the role is to provide proactive and effective support to the Senior Relationship Manager (SRM) so as to profitably enhance the daily management and development of the SRM's customer portfolio; in accordance with the business plan, credit policy objectives and procedures
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the implementation of the strategies and plans to achieve all volume, revenue, development and profit targets for the SRM's customer portfolio.
* Proactively support the SRM in upholding and monitoring full compliance with prevailing best corporate banking practice.
* To act in the full capacity of an RM taking responsibility for a designated portfolio, as required.
* Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and Corporate Banking's compliance function, as and when required.
* Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with all other related functions / units to assist in the achievement of the SRM's and Corporate Banking's goals and objectives.
* Assist the SRM to prepare comprehensive credit proposals for new / prospective customers that adequately address all relevant risk factors and satisfy minimum acceptable standards of corporate credit.
* Support the SRM in the preparation of periodic Management and Business Information reports to executive management, as requested.
* Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal Auditors, Compliance, Financial Control and Risk Functions as and when required.
* Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal compliance
* Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure to be fully qualified to undertake the role. Complete all mandatory training provided by the Bank and attain and maintain the required levels of competence.
* Ensuring high standards of data protection and confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
Skills and knowledge
* University graduate (Bachelors degree) preferably with a Major in Finance, Banking, Economics, Mathematics, or Business Administration (related field of study), Masters preferred
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English. Arabic, French or applicable local language highly desirable.
* At least 4-6 years relevant experience in the banking industry, preferably with a large local / International Bank.
* Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industry practices and any regulations for the corporate banking customer segment.
* Good people relationship and credit documentation skills and awareness of risk management concept and practices.
* Good negotiation skills.
* Good oral and written communication skills in English. French and/or Arabic (preferred).
* Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and practices pertaining to Corporate Banking products.
* Personal integrity, self-motivation and self-management.
* Outstanding problem solving skills.
* Good planning, organizing and analytical ability.
* Outstanding customer service orientation.
* Strong performance orientation