Hours: Full or Part Time Opportunities
Shifts: 7.45pm - 8.00am (Alternate Weekends)
Base rate: £11.16- £11.56 (higher rate for weekends)
Location: Lavender Court, Roman Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 2BD
Come and feel truly valued at Somerset Care - we provide corporate inductions, excellent training and career development as well as a fantastic, industry-leading rate of pay!
Whether you're looking to grow your career, or start it, look no further. We love the work that we do. And so will you.
Somerset Care is one of the major care providers in Southern England, and one of the largest not-for-profit care companies in the UK. As an award winning company, it's no surprise that we put our customers at the heart of what we do, by listening to, and understanding their wishes.
Our Care Home teams deliver day care, respite care, dementia care, residential, nursing care, and end of life care. We champion the independence of our residents and encourage them to live their lives as they choose.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
* Leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them to provide high quality care.
* Being responsible for resident's care liaising with their families, and health care professionals.
* Be required to administer medication, and monitor resident's observations.
Why work for us?
We really care about all of our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
* We have partnered with Wagestream so you can access your earned wages before payday
* My Caring Rewards - provides access to discounts at 1000's of high street retailers. Make My Caring Rewards a part of the way you shop and you could save on average £1,000 per year
* Opportunity to gain a qualification - qualification bonus of £100 upon completion
* Access to The Hub online learning platform - our one stop shop for learning & development
* Somerset Care Group Awards - recognising those who have gone above and beyond
* Cycle to Work scheme - you can save up to 40% off the cost of a new bike and accessories
* Pension scheme & life assurance
* Free counselling service - 24-hour helpline for staff and their families
* Return to work maternity bonus of £100
* Fully paid induction and DBS paid by Somerset Care
* Paid mileage
* Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
* Weekend Enhancements
In order to be considered for the role, you will need to:.
* Have you Level 2 in health and social care, be willing to work towards your Level 3 and have experience in a health care setting leading a team.
* Be passionate, possess good communication, and organisational skills.
* Be able to work flexibly across varying shifts, including weekends.
* Be aligned to our values of connecting with people, making a difference, doing the right thing, and embracing change.
Apply online today, or call our friendly recruitment team on (phone number removed) for more information