About Citizens Advice Wirral
Citizens Advice Wirral is a local charity providing advice, information, advocacy and representation across Wirral.
We want to recruit people committed to developing the continuing success of Citizens Advice Wirral. We have served the people of Wirral for over 80 years, and we want to be here to help them as they face new challenges.
What will you be doing?
You will play a central role in the strategic management of the organisation. You will also be invited to get involved in working groups and other activities that support the Board and Citizens Advice Wirral.
Each trustee contributes to discharging the Board's duties by:
- actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- actively seeking to further the strategic objectives of Citizens Advice Wirral and acting in the best interests of the organisation at all time
- monitoring whether the service complies with its governing document, whether it meets Citizens Advice standards and how well the advice needs of the local community are being met
- monitoring the financial position of the organisation and ensuring that it operates within its means and objects and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management
- supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects.
What are we looking for?
Each trustee brings their own skills, experiences and qualities to the Board. They add to the collective knowledge and experience by:
- demonstrating commitment to the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service, including those relating to equality, diversity and inclusion, independence and social policy
- showing willingness and ability to understand and accept their responsibilities and liabilities as trustees and to act in the best interests of the organisation
- thinking creatively, strategically, and analytically, exercising good, independent judgement, and working effectively as a board member
- participating constructively in all the Board's activities, such as meetings, working groups, representational events and written consultations
- completing mandatory training requirements, such as about GDPR and EDI
- gaining and maintaining knowledge of local needs and available resources to deliver services.
We are especially keen to recruit women and younger people under 30 years old, who are both under-represented on our board. In addition, we would welcome applications from people who work in digital and social media, social research, or legal services.
What difference will you make?
We think there are many good reasons to be a trustee. In particular, you will have the opportunity to help set the organisation's future direction, shape the strategic business plan and how we deliver services, agree fundraising activities, and monitor performance to ensure that we meet the needs of our beneficiaries.
Trustees should be prepared to commit about 10 hours a month to the role in total. For further details, please see the candidate pack.
Before you apply
The Reach TrusteeWorks team are supporting Citizens Advice Wirral with their Board recruitment. To apply please submit a CV and a supporting statement.
All interested candidates should submit a CV and covering letter explaining their interest in the organisation and suitability for the role.
Please get in touch if you would like a visually accessible version of the candidate pack.
If you are interested and would like to talk to someone about the role before applying, please contact the TrusteeWorks Team at the email address provided.
Deadline: 31 May 2022