About Citizens Advice Wirral
Citizens Advice Wirral is a local charity providing advice, information, advocacy and representation across Wirral.
Citizens Advice Wirral are looking to complement our Trustee Board with a finance professional. We have served the people of Wirral for over 80 years, and we want to be here to help them as they face new challenges.
What will you be doing?
The Treasurer plays a central role in the strategic management of the organisation. They will also be a member of the Staff Remuneration Panel.
The purpose of this role is to monitor the financial administration of Citizens Advice Wirral and advise the board of trustees on financial matters, in line with best practice and in compliance with the governing document and legal requirements.
What are we looking for?
The following specific skills for the treasurer role
- Financial qualifications or relevant experience
- Skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Ability to explain financial analysis clearly and make recommendations to the board
- Willingness to be available to staff to provide advice and guidance on financial matters
- Good interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills to communicate effectively with the board, management team and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in taking forward Citizens Advice Wirral’s strategic objectives and delivery of its charitable purpose.
We are especially keen to recruit women and younger people under 30 years old, who are both under-represented on our board.
What difference will you make?
We think there are many good reasons to be a trustee. In particular, you will have the opportunity to help set the organisation's future direction, shape the strategic business plan and how we deliver services, agree fundraising activities, and monitor performance to ensure that we meet the needs of our beneficiaries.
The Treasurer should be prepared to commit about 12 hours a month to the role in total. For further details, please see the candidate pack.
Before you apply
The Reach TrusteeWorks team are supporting Citizens Advice Wirral with their Board recruitment. To apply please submit a CV and a supporting statement.
All interested candidates should submit a CV and covering letter explaining their interest in the organisation and suitability for the role.
Please get in touch if you would like a visually accessible version of the candidate pack.
Please email applications to Reach TrusteeWorks at the email address provided.
If you are interested and would like to talk to someone about the role before applying, please contact the TrusteeWorks Team
Deadline: 31 May 2022