Agriculture and Property Manager
Cameo is recruiting an Agriculture and Property Manager for our accountancy practice client in Banbury on a full time, permanent basis. This position would suit a Senior ready for a Manager position, or someone looking for progression long term - this is definitely achievable with this forward-thinking company. This position will offer you a work/life balance!
You will be responsible for:
- Planning, organising, leading and controlling the work of the section
- Providing a cost-effective, timely, quality service to the client, so as to maximise margin for the firm
- Contributing to overall practice development
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner
- Seeking to take more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the section
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses so as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters
- Reviewing accounts and tax work performed by more trainee level staff
- Completing staff appraisal forms and ensuring minimum numbers are met
- Providing feedback and training as required
- Checking of journal adjustments and (occasionally) final accounts and D1 computations
- Preparation of tax returns
- Seeking to identify business and personal tax planning opportunities, VAT issues, NIC issues, business planning points, etc. as part of the review process
- Drawing to attention of partners/ client as appropriate
- Preparing necessary reports/ computations, liaising with other professional advisers as required
- Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters
- Assisting partners by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly
- Liaising with partners and raising bills/ assisting as required
- Ensuring that section databases are current by delegation
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. company reporting, P11d's, tax returns, etc.
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff
You must be/have:
- Experience in accountancy practice and also working with agriculture clients - essential
- Ability to review an complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem resolutions skills and ideas generation ability
- Ability to review an complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- In depth accounts preparation knowledge
- Knowledge of accounts systems essentially Sage
- ACA or ACCA qualification -essential
- Degree or equivalent experience
- CTA or equivalent tax qualification - desirable
What's in it for me?
Salary of £50,000 to £60,000 DOE, pension, healthcare upon commencement, medical cash plan, 28 days holiday, flexi-time, life assurance and more!
Contact Hannah Nicholls: "I look forward to speaking with you"