A User Researcher is required for a leading client based consultancy within Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Working as a User Researcher, you will be working within an agile delivery model, working to deliver user-focused digital services to the public sector client. User Researchers are key figures in service teams, working to generate the feedback and insight service teams need to build a clear picture of their users and deliver solutions that they need.
As a User Researcher, you will be experienced in using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of government services
- Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
- Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for web user-centred design practices.
- Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web-based services.
- Proven experience in managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions
- Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services
- Experience of audience modelling and developing design personas.