Android App Engineer / Android Engineer / Android Developer
Android Developer with experience of building native apps for Android is needed for our client, a leading specialist transport mobile app and web company based in Bournemouth. They build user-centred digital products and services that make a difference to people every day.
Every business generates data and they help their clients realise opportunities by transforming their data into something new and valuable.
After a successful past couple of years working on their transport products, they're looking for an Experienced Android Developer to join their in-house team to help continue to innovate their core products, with lots of new exciting project work to be getting involved in. You will be part of a team of makers and doers, helping shape the future of their industry-leading products.
They currently target Android API 4.4 and above and their codebase is in Java at the moment, but they're starting to experiment with converting it to Kotlin.
- Experience building native apps for Android (essential) and iOS (not necessary)
- Experience working in an un-siloed production team where designers work alongside developers
- Experience using tools and frameworks such as Dagger, Retrofit and RxJava (desirable, not essential)
- Keen interest in datasets, with good skills in filtering the signals from the noise
- Comfortable integrating 3rd party systems through APIs you've helped architect.
- Experienced in security
- Experienced in creating quick applications with an understanding of devices, connections and optimisations
- Comfortable using test and automated deployment tools like Jenkins, Git and bash scripting
- Quick learner, innovative and excellent attention to detail
- Good problem solver
- Understand technical debt and be able to work efficiently and accurately
- Commercially aware and able to understand the client's end goal, not just your role in the project
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Excellent work culture and work / life balance - Late nights and 40+ hour weeks are rare
- Option to work remotely up to 2 days a week
- Optional private medical health care
- Annual pay rise in line with inflation
- Pension scheme
- EMI company share options
- Budget to purchase a fitness tracker of your choice
- Quarterly reviews and structured CPD
- Tickets to the most relevant conferences and events
- Relocation package for candidates within the EU
- Colleagues who will push you to be the best you can be
This is a genuine opportunity to work alongside talented people to innovate and build digital services that make a difference to people every day. If you have the skills and enthusiasm, our client would love to hear from you!
If this sounds of interest, click the APPLY button below now.