Customer Service Officer (Science Graduate Opportunity)
A long established progressive family business specialising in laboratory equipment are keen to secure an experienced technical Customer Service Officer to join the team on a full time permanent basis. The position of Customer Service Officer consists of providing excellent customer service and administrative support.
Customer Service duties and responsibilities
80% of the role
- Sales order processing and analysis
- Preparing quotations
- Customer price maintenance
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers
- Taking ownership of complaints and queries and proactively following through to resolution
- Ensuring all customer queries (including technical) are well investigated and resolved, and escalating queries if appropriate to a senior member of the team
- Field sales support (recording meetings and dealing with follow-up, sample and literature requests, liaising with customers and making appointments)
- Assisting in improving and monitoring procedures and processes to ensure the most cost-effective and most efficient service
- Assisting in preparing and developing the documentation of the organisation's procedures for customer service
Administrative / Accounts Duties
20% of the role:
- Sales ledger receipts
- Sales credit control
- Posting purchase invoices
- Raising purchase orders (inc. order progressing)
- Other duties (including opening post, post room, expenses, credit card transactions, month end routine, time sheets, warehouse and delivery analysis)
Qualifications and skills:
- Life Science degree scientific
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Advanced Microsoft Office
- Positive attitude, along with a good sense of customer service
What's in it for you?
As the Customer Service Office, you'll be working with a friendly bunch of people within a bright and airy modern office to work in with lots of parking available, it's a great place to work. There's a kitchen area with all facilities you need plus, a gym too!
On joining, you'll receive a thorough induction plan to make sure you understand the systems, processes, and products. You will also have on-going training and development plans.
The starting salary offered is £18,000 and you receive 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays), and a pension too!
Please forward your application and covering letter to Julie Allan