Full Stack PHP developer
This candidate will be able to take on responsibility for planning, coding and releasing new features and systems. This will involve listening to key business requirements and deciding the best architecture and method to deliver capability. This varied role will also involve design calls with customers, project management meetings, resolving support helpdesk tickets, troubleshooting, producing documentation and training up the rest of the team.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Maintaining and progressing existing systems.
- Design and development of new systems from the ground up.
- Maintaining and enhancing the cloud-based infrastructure.
- Liaising with stakeholders to gather system requirements.
- Second line support.
- Be actively involved in all stages of IT projects; analysis, design, development deployment, maintenance and support.
Required experience and skills
- Strong experience of working with PHP.
- Strong experience of working with front end technologies, HTML, CSS, SASS, JS.
- Strong experience of working with RDBMS systems, particularly MySQL.
- Experience with MVC frameworks, particularly Laravel.
- Experience with frontend frameworks, Angular, Vue.js and Bootstrap.
- Comfortable working with GIT.
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and the ability to implement them.
- Passionate about DRY principles, able to create robust, reusable code that can easily be extended and maintained.
Desired experience and skills
- Drupal (theming and development)
- Magento (theming and development)
- TDD, BDD frameworks
- Linux knowledge and familiarity
- Amazon Web Services
- Experience with using G Suite.
- Knowledge of the veterinary industry.