WHO WE ARE
Adaptimmune is a leading clinical stage cell therapy company, designing and developing curative adoptive cell therapies for treating cancer. The Company's unique SPEAR T-cell platform, engineers T-cells to target cancer antigens. With 3 wholly owned SPEAR T-cell products in clinical trials in multiple solid tumour indications, Adaptimmune is undergoing a period of expansion to increase our capabilities to deliver our novel therapies to patients with cancer.
In November 2020, we were recognised as a 'Great Place to Work' both in the United Kingdom/United States. Our company culture is rooted in trust, our capacity to collaborate, being honest and brave in our desire to be successful in transforming the lives of people with cancer. It is this formula that enables us to face challenges and take advantage of opportunities in our fight against cancer.ROLE OVERVIEW
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology, who can support the 400+ user base across all our sites and to deliver a first-class service. You will have the skills to identify IT problems and provide root cause analysis so that the solution can be documented and allocated amongst the team. You will also be the first point of call for the video conferencing suites and PA system to help resolve any issues that occur and work closely with other IT teams to ensure that equipment is always ready and working for the office and scientific teams.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answer calls on the Service Desk and provide technical assistance and advice.
• Resolve technical incidents as allocated from the ticketing system.
• Ensure SLA targets are achieved and working to reduce SLA target times.
• Ensure relevant technical documentation is appropriately maintained and available.
• Provide assistance with hardware and software used at Adaptimmune.
• Help with any IM focused projects.
• Be security aware and help the security team keep the estate secure and safe.
• Liaising with third parties to resolve issues.
• Train staff on global software - WebEx - Office 365 - VC equipment etc.
• Take ownership and set up / set down of Video / Audio equipment.
• Undertake IM induction sessions.
• Work in a lab environment.
• Active Directory user account creation and maintenance.
• Update the Knowledge Base module in the service desk tool.
• Have knowledge of Apple mobile equipment.
• Imaging of PC / laptop using SCCM.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCEMandatory:
• Excellent customer service skills - telephone, face to face, email.
• Previous experience demonstrating 1st / 2nd line / desktop support.
• Liaising with employees at all levels including board level.
• Windows 7 / 10 configuring and troubleshooting.
• Active Directory administration.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
• Remote Access / Mobility & VPN technologies.
• PC / Laptop replacement and maintenance.
• Printer issue resolution.
• A hands-on approach to the support of user.
• Microsoft Certification (MCDST) or equivalent.Additional/Nice To Have:
• Microsoft Exchange.
• Microsoft Office 365.
• Windows 7 / 10 configuration and troubleshooting.
• Biotechnology sector experience.
• SCCM for imaging of equipment.SKILLS & COMPETENCIESMandatory:
• Providing excellent customer service to all users at all times.
• Escalating and triaging tickets in a timely manner.
• Managing customer expectation by ensuring the user is kept up to date on the status of tickets.
• Take ownership of tickets to resolution including all escalated and tickets passed to 3rd parties.
• You will be a good listener.
• A clear and concise communicator at all levels.
• Proven ability to work as part of a team.Additional/Nice To Have:
• Maintain competency and enhances professional growth and development through continuing education.
• Be sensitive to cultural differences among individuals and groups of persons.
• Maintain and grow subject matter expertise in technology and pharmaceutical best practices.Additional Information:
• Travel to Adaptimmune sites as necessary to complete tasks.
SummaryLocation: Abingdon, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Type: Full Time
Department: Information Management