Junior / Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer - Hampshire
£27k to £45k - Dept on experience Flexible Working Time
MEP / Building Services Design / Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer / Consultancy / Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with experience with building services design.
Most of the work will be design for commercial projects, care homes, NHS hospitals (new build and upgrades) and residential both houses and flats. They provide services including design feasibility, surveys, thermal modelling and regulatory work.
* Attend project meetings with Clients and other Design Team Members, Contractors etc.
* Carry out condition surveys, feasibility studies, report writing etc.
* Carry out site surveys for projects, to obtain all relevant information required for carrying out scheme design.
* Carry out detailed scheme designs enabling competitive tenders to be obtained for the works.
* Write specifications for the works.
* Correspond with other design team members and the Client on technical issues.
* Carry out calculations, both manual and by using computer based systems.
* Provide budget costings as and when required.
* Comment upon tenders received for projects.
* Comment upon Contractors' installation/working drawings.
* Answer Contractors' queries during construction/installation period.
* Attend site progress meetings as and when required, together with monitoring Contractor's
* Accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
* Experience within a building services design role
* Experience should include calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
* Experience using AutoCAD and/or Revit
* Experience using design software
* Hold a full UK driving license