Premier Recruitment(S.E.) has a great opportunity to work with prestigious and market leading client in care sector, based in Canterbury,Kent, who is currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Ward Manage
r on full time basis, to join their growing team on permanent basis.This is an amazing opportunity to join a company, to progress fast and learn many new skills.
We are currently looking to appoint a Full Time Ward Manager
to join our team. (You may previously have held similar posts such as Charge Nurse, Lead Nurse, Clinical Ward Manager).
Are you a committed individual who wants to work with a company that understands how important the service we provide is to our Patient's and resident's recovery. You will be working with Young people and Adults with Mental health problems, Learning Disabilities and Autism.Essential:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Experience of Leading and Running a Clinical Service
- Excellent communications and interpersonal Skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet the challenges of working to deadlines
- To manager the clinical environment and co-ordinate care delivery
- To undertake specialist assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care needs of a specific group of service users
- To mentor, supervise and teach qualified and unqualified staff including students
- To be responsible for the deployment and management of staff.
- To promote an environment conducive to recovery and the development of independence.
- To lead and be responsible for the clinical management of a ward of service area as applicable, some of whom may present with complex behaviours that challenge services.
- To allocate and support individuals with delegated work and review progress as agreed. To coordinate and monitor the delivery of person centred healthcare, using complex clinical decision making where appropriate.
- To work as a member of the MDT in management of care and the response to changes in service users' health.
- To be responsible for the provision of the necessary physical care to help service users i.e.: personal hygiene, diet and fluid intake, clothing and laundry, personal environment, manual handling, elimination, maintaining rest and sleep and activity, physical observations.
- To be responsible for ensuring that customs, individuality, values, sexuality, and spiritual beliefs are actively respected and that service users are support to fulfil these.
- To be responsible for the provision of therapeutic activities, emotional support and stability to clients to ensure effective engagement whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- To create, develop and maintain professional supportive relationships with all members of staff with other professionals and agencies to enhance recovery.
- To be responsible for the undertaking of physical observations as follows: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, blood sugars, urinalysis, weight and height and act upon exceptions appropriately.
If interested please kindly apply directly or contact Tom Kurczab at Premier Recruitment Group.