Accountancy Recruit is recruiting for a Finance Manager to join a growing business with passion and commitment to be the best. This role, based east of Bishop's Stortford, will be responsible for reporting to the board, business partnering, and managing the accounts from start to finish, together with month end financial and management reporting with analysis and commentary. You will be either Fully Qualified, currently studying; from industry or this may be your first role from practice. Most importantly you will need to demonstrate enthusiasm to add value to a commercial business and be aspirational about your career, as there is scope for promotion and professional development.
- Preparation of Monthly Management accounts.
- Day-to-day management responsibility for the finance and accounting operations including the supervision of two in the accounts team responsible for the transactional accounts. Ensuring deadlines are met and activities are carried out in accordance with statutory legal requirements
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to the Senior Management Team, while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take especially regarding foreign currency transactions
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company's actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Preparation of the company's overhead budget and annual operating plan.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Monitoring internal controls and development of mechanisms to report the effectiveness of the finance department
- Overseeing and preparing income statements.
- Managing financial transactions and streamlining accounting functions and operations.
- Evaluating and managing financial risk within projects and the business as a whole
- Develop and implement procedures to effectively manage foreign tax implications
- Ability to develop budgets and reporting systems from a bottom-up approach to correctly identify and report overhead costs and direct contract costs.
- Responsible for tax and VAT reporting and compliance
- Process monthly payroll
So, you may be at the stage in your career whereby you feel ready to move up into a Finance Manager role or you may already be working as a Finance Manager, Accounts Manager, Management Accountant, Finance Business Partner, Practice Accountant or similar role. Please apply now!The successful candidate
- Ideally degree level educated
- Fully Qualified ACCA or CIMA or current studier.
- Strong IT and advanced Excel skills
- Hours - 37.5 per week, Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5pm. Friday 8.30am - 3.45pm
- Salary: £50 - 60,000.00 per annum
- Annual performance/profit related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Staff events