This job has expired

Commercial Finance Analyst Vegan Food Business

Employer
Harmonic Group Ltd
Location
UK
Salary
Competitive
Closing date
31 Jan 2022

View more

Sector
Accountancy
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.
Commercial Finance Analyst | Fast-Growth Plant Based Vegan Food Start-Up | London

Harmonic Finance are delighted to be working on a retained basis with one of Europe's fastest growing plant based vegan food start-ups. Having launched less than 18 months ago the business is already on track to deliver £12m Turnover in 2021 with plans to reach £25m in 2022 and over £50m in 2023.

With a Series A fundraise due to close in the coming days they are raising circa £5m to drive their continued expansion. This includes continued growth in the US market and entry into European markets. There are also some exciting product development projects in the pipeline.

The business has developed an incredibly strong brand centred around Health & Wellness which is particularly powerful with younger generations. Amazingly for an FMCG business with an e-commerce slant circa 80% of their sales are direct to consumer via their own site. This is with virtually no spend on Marketing which is an exciting indicator of the potential growth when the Series A closes. They plan is to maintain this level with the remaining 20% coming via wholesale having signed a number of lucrative contracts with some of the UK's largest supermarkets and Health & Wellness sites.

The business is based in one of London's most architecturally beautiful spaces on the doorstep of one of the cities 'coolest' areas. The team has grown from 5 to 25 in the last 6 months and is set to double. Culturally they have a team that are passionate and proud of the shift towards Plant Based healthy and sustainable alternatives and are motivated by not only the massive growth potential but also the positive impact their product and brand can have on society.

The Role

The Commercial Finance Analyst will work closely with the Head of Finance and play an integral role in building out the finance function. Initially the role will have some focus on building the processes for management accounts and month ends, however, will continually support on the commercial side such as business partnering with stakeholders across different functions, forecasting, budgeting and other exciting ad hoc projects.

Duties:
  • Owning the production of budgeting, forecasting & planning
  • Working closely with the Head of Finance to build out the finance function and to support growth
  • Implementation of new systems and processes including management accounts and month ends
  • Business partnering with stakeholders across different functions to optimize performance
  • Financial modelling
  • Providing insights and analysis to help the day-to-day of teams
  • Supporting the Head of Finance with extensive ad-hoc projects

Essential:
  • CIMA/ACCA (Finalist or Qualified)
  • Excellent FP&A and Financial Analysis skills
  • Enjoys and thrives working in a fast-paced environment
  • An individual who enjoys being "hands on"
  • High callibre and excellent communication skills
  • Excellent Excel skills

Non-Essential:
  • Previous experience in FMCG, e-commerce, food & beverage, fashion, retail sectors
  • Worked in a fast growth start-up or scale-up (any sector)
  • Has a passion for plant-based products and healthy, sustainable living

Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + bonus

Location: London/Remote

Availability: ASAP (Can wait up to 3 months)

If you're interested, please send your CV or call on to discuss the position further.

Please feel free to circulate this amongst anyone who you believe may be interested in this opportunity.
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert