As a Tax Specialist, you will have the opportunity to join a globally leading logistics business
Working remotely, the right candidate will be joining the UK tax team supporting with the tax compliance for the business, with scope to be involved with various projects in the future.
- Corporate tax support to a portfolio of group companies: preparing
corporate tax computations, producing tax disclosures for inclusion in their statutory
accounts and negotiating with HMRC. Dealing with tax technical issues which regularly arise
due to the diverse and complex nature of our businesses and changes in legislation
- Understanding the groups' various transfer pricing methodologies and preparation of transfer pricing reports for companies within scope using the Group's Transfer Pricing Manager Software
- Liaising with other tax colleagues in the worldwide group to deal with withholding tax issues,
- Residency certificates and US tax forms. Reviewing the UK group's CFC, CbCR, corporate
interest restriction and corporate loss position and in making appropriate returns.
- Working with the UK team on year-end and quarterly group reporting to DPAG under IFRS
and cash tax forecasting. The group has a strong focus on Governance and the role includes
maintaining the Groups' internal reporting tool for corporate tax for the group companies
Key skills & experience:
- Fully qualified CTA/ACA with at least two years post qualification experience
- Good IT skills essential or you are quick to pick these up
- Good accounting knowledge to support the team in quarterly and year end reporting to
DPAG under IFRS and prepare and reconcile tax disclosures for the statutory accounts for
our businesses some of which report under FRS101 and others FRS102 and deal with tax
accounting issues as they arise
- Good tax technical skills. Able to deal with or keen to develop a specialisation in the tax issues which affect our businesses.
- Confidence to maintain and develop the good working relationships we have with colleagues
in the businesses we support.