The Support Engineer has responsibility for providing technical support to internal Colleagues in the business, working closely with the Service Desk and other technical resolving teams on a day to day basis as necessary. They will be responsible for the resolution of more complex incidents and services requests within agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets and may also be involved in leading (or participating in) projects associated with enhancing service provision or introducing new or upgraded technology. They will also be responsible for problem analysis and investigation, working within an ITIL aligned delivery framework.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Windows 10 desktop builds within MS Intune and VM templates within Hyper-V/VMware, and device provision from them for all new starters
- Assist the IT Service Manager with documenting, presenting and gaining approval for improvements to the companies desktop strategy and working on implementation of it
- Manage the 2nd line support queue professionally and efficiently, prioritizing and resolving calls in line with SLAs whilst maintaining a high degree of customer service
- Ensuring accurate records are kept on actions taken within the ticket management system, including assignment of hardware within the asset management sub-section
- Providing 1st and 2nd Line support for all Colleagues via phone, email, remote capability or face-to-face, undertaking in-depth diagnosis, escalating to 3rd Line support where applicable
- Technical escalation point, pro-actively supporting and mentoring 1st Line colleagues
- Actively managing customer expectations during the resolution of an incident, ensuring that user experience is optimized
- Responsible for creating and storing detailed knowledge articles, suggesting improvements to delivering self-help to the business
- Technical resource for participating in design and implementation of technical projects, working collaboratively with other technical teams to accelerate completion ensuring accurate documentation
- Responsible for undertaking daily service checks
- Compliance with associated policies, processes and procedures
- Understanding the Change Control process, raising the relevant change controls to submit for approval where necessary
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.