Engineering Team Leader - Marine
Expleo have a requirement for an experienced Engineering Team Leader who will have responsibility for leading the engineering team to deliver within a Marine Defence project to a key client.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and the candidate must be able to demonstrate their experience, and proven capability, to manage a team to deliver project objectives.
The Engineering Team Leader will be based at the Expleo Preston offices and will report directly to the Business Manager.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who sets high standards in the service Expleo provide to our customers and understands the importance of getting results through a motivated and engaged workforce. The successful candidate will be able to challenge perceived constraints, take calculated risk and motivate their direct reports to adhere to a challenging delivery schedule.
* Manages the engineering team to ensure that all deliverables defined in the Statement of Work (SoW) are achieved in terms of time, cost and quality.
* Fully understand the Project contractual and legislative requirements and ensure these are clearly cascaded to the team.
* Integrates all the different technical functions of the project team to ensure that the technical requirements are met.
* Ensures resource capabilities and skill allocation are suitable for the project.
* Manage and control checking of deliverables.
* Manage continuous process improvement.
* Be the technical focal point of the team and build good working relationships with customers.
* In conjunction with the PM, hold regular meetings with project Team leaders and Team members as agreed at the start of the project to ensure that the project is on track.
* Supports Project Managers in planning activities and tracking progress against the plan and identifying and prioritising project dependencies.
* Provides input into Project Managers on additional scope and change impact.
* Provide technical governance to an engineering team and ensure the technical aspects of the project comply with the QMS.
* Ensures the Quality representative has RFT data, reviews the processed results and ensures corrective actions are communicated to team members.
* Supports Project Managers on continual risk assessments during the life of the project.
* Work with your team to identify, develop, test and deliver cost saving initiatives.
* Ensures Task initiation Forms are complete (technical, schedule and allocated hours) and distributed to the team members, where appropriate.
* Develop team members through new skills, adding responsibility and encouraging them to contribute to team activities.
* Develop all team members so they have an appreciation of the different functions that are involved in the delivery of the project.
* Create a positive and inclusive environment where people feel valued for the skills and knowledge that they bring to the team and build a team culture of shared events and rewarding behaviour.
* Conduct annual & mid-term appraisals and maintain constructive feedback throughout the year.
* Recommends training needs, to Head of Business & Chief Engineers, of individuals in support of the project.
* Experience of Marine design and standards.
* Experience in leading Engineering Teams to deliver complex multi-functional projects to tight deadlines.
* Strong Engineering background for the capabilities listed.
* Demonstrated experience in a customer facing engineering role.
* Marine Defence experience preferred.
This role is working within the Marine Business Unit
Security & Nationality Restrictions
Recognising the secure nature of the work, suitable candidates will need to be UK Nationals only and capable of obtaining or hold a full SC