A Quality Manager / Quality Engineer with knowledge of EN 1090 standards and Welding, Fabrication, and the Coating of structural steel and is needed for a 12-month fixed-term contract which could extend.
As a Quality Manager you will represent a highly accredited and leading end to end engineering specialist on client site and on partner visits to ensure compliance and high technical standards are met. This is an exciting 6-month project for a unique end client based in the North West and you will be expected to split your time between there and the HQ in West Yorkshire
Key responsibilities as a Quality Manager include:
* Overseeing the Welding, Painting and Coating inspections of Structural steel on client site and at external fabrication and painting companies upholding all quality standards to EN 1090-2 execution class 3
* Ensuring that the ITPs, that are set up and already in place, are coordinated and managed with the correct outcomes.
* Being onsite dealing with other quality stakeholders and sub-contractors. Providing the correct documentation and presenting to the client.
* Time-served Quality Manager / Quality Engineer experience - able to represent my client well onsite
* Background / Knowledge of the Structural steel industry
* Have an understanding of site survey results
* Good knowledge of technical requirements EN1090-2 Execution class 3
* Experience of coordinating and managing the outcome of ITPs
* Experience of ensuring certification and documentation is supplied in accordance with customer requirements.
* Good knowledge of Health and safety standards
* Problem-solving skills
* Effective communicator at all levels
* Flexible to travel / stay at client location
* Any welding inspection certifications such as CSWIP 3.1
* Painting and coating certifications - Icorr, NACE, Bgas
You may also be from a Welding Engineer or Project Manager / Engineer background if you are experienced with Quality and EN1090 standards.
Please send a CV for immediate consideration