The Director of Corporate Services is responsible for planning, directing and delivering the financial, commercial and physical assets and infrastructure. They are responsible for the leadership of approximately 360 staff across five departments as set out above. They are also responsible for ensuring continual improvement in efficiency and performance and compliance with regulations and the law.
The Director of Corporate Services acts as the Board's statutory S127 Finance officer and is the Deputy mayor's professional advisor on all financial matters. They also play a full leadership role as a member of the Board.
The post holder will be accountable for the delivery of the Corporate Services strategic goals.Main ResponsibilitiesLeadership (Directorate)
Resources and Performance
- To develop the strategy and long-term plans of the Directorate to meet the overall legal, commercial, property, financial and IT needs of the organisation
- To ensure that policy is converted into strategy and actions within the Directorate through effective relations with the Deputy Mayor and Mayor and to be accountable for their delivery
- To ensure the Directorate's resources (people and financial) are deployed and controlled effectively to secure the Brigade's overall business objectives
- To maintain under continuous review the efficiency of functional responsibilities throughout the Directorate and to ensure the development and implementation of programmes to reduce costs
Skills and Experience
- To ensure the effective development of strategic partnerships with government and other agencies to deliver improved service performance
- To develop and sustain effective relations with key stakeholders such as the Mayor/GLA, London Councils, LGA, HSE, Home Office, HMICFRS, external auditors etc.
- Appropriately qualified to carry out the duties of a statutory finance officer as defined within S127 of the GLA Act
- Proven experience in Corporate Services and Finance leadership across medium-sized complex organisations