A local authority based in Manchester are currently recruiting for a Strategic Project Manager on a temporary basis for an initial 5 month contract.
Ideally you would have strong project management experience within the public sector and having previously worked within council will be highly desirable.
- Provide strong leadership to programme resources, framework partners and consultants, defining work, ensuring deadlines are understood and adhered to and that the programme objectives are clearly articulated and understood.
- Provide briefings to the leader, local members, the Chief Executive and other senior managers on City Centre Projects and issues.
- Play a key strategic role in the development of new initiatives into projects to support the vision, objectives and core values of the City Council, working closely and maintaining effective relationships with senior officers and other key internal and external stakeholders to ensure clear and effective channels of communication. Represent the City Council at Project Board meetings and partnership meetings.
- Manage the successful delivery of projects on time, to budget and of the right quality, using the project management methodology where appropriate, taking responsibility for all reports to the programme board and other senior management boards.
- Maintain control of the project scope through an effective change control process, consulting with key stakeholders as needed, and ensuring that all project documentation is managed effectively, including effective record keeping and version control.
- Lead the development of strategic responses through provision of specialist advice, insight, support and challenge to support the delivery of organisational priorities, and to ensure the Council is able to meet its legal obligations. Identify and develop appropriate solutions to address strategic needs, demonstrating creative thinking that explores all potential options.
- Working collaboratively across the wider Council as a partner to services, provide specialist advice to the development and implementation of strategic organisational objectives, providing, information, support and challenge to ensure that client services meet their objectives outlined in business plans and cases. Ensure services are effectively aligned to and accountable for the delivery of authority objectives.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and monitoring of effective systems and information to support the delivery of key objectives. Represent the service/organisation in meetings, working groups and other forums, providing an input that proactively drives delivery of priorities developing relationships with a range of public and private sector partners.
- Proactively manage stakeholder interests and expectations. Ensure potential issues and emerging problems are effectively logged and resolved or mitigated.
- Co-ordinate and produce Executive Committee and project reports, briefing papers and presentations.
If you have the skills and experience suitable for this role, APPLY NOW and we'll be in touch with all suitable candidates.