Deichmann are looking for a Supervisor in our Newbury store!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a previous Sales Assistant or Supervisor looking to take the next step in their career, in a growing retail business. Working as a supervisor in one of our stores, you will play a vital role in the leadership of the team and go the extra mile to ensure that customers have a positive and welcoming shopping experience.
We are looking for someone who may have Supervisor or Sales Assistant experience in retail, or retail related sector and may be looking to take the first step onto the retail management ladder.
We are very proud of the level of progression we see from our staff here at Deichmann, the role of Supervisor can lead you nicely into the position of a Trainee Manager, Store Manager and beyond! We love to invest in the training and development of our staff, we have 3 dedicated trainers all with a different focus area around the UK specifically to develop our staff.
To be suitable for this exciting opportunity you must be able to demonstrate excellent hands on supervisory/ leadership skills and be full of energy and enthusiasm.
* Lead and supervise the store team in the absence of the Store Manager.
* Open & close the store, including cashing up and completion of associated administrative duties.
* Offer excellent levels of customer service, maintaining an expert level of knowledge across the full product range.
* Lead by example, successfully promoting and recommending complimentary shoe care products and offering ad hoc training and support to team members as and when required, ensuring first class levels of customer service.
* Ensure that the store is correctly merchandised, product displays are refreshed and inviting to the customer.
* Process stock deliveries and store transfers.
* Champion and support the achievement of monthly targets.
* Deal with customer queries and complaints.
* Retail background / transferable skills gained in a related industry sector.
* Self- motivated and have a positive, can do attitude towards completion of work.
* Confidence and ability to supervise, motivate, coach and work with a team.
* Well organised and have a structured approach to work.
* Customer and operations / task orientated.
* Commercial awareness.
* Spatial awareness.
* Good communicator.
* Attention to detail.
* Able to work at pace and under pressure.
* Ideally have previous supervisory experience including cashing up and banking.
* Fully flexible (Monday - Sunday, hours to be agreed by rota)
* We welcome applicants from the Retail sector and from sectors with the right transferable skills.
If you would like to join the team at Deichmann UK as our Supervisor and you meet the job requirements, please click apply. We'd love to hear from you