Principal Accountant- Haringey
This post is key to supporting the Chief Accountant and Deputy Chief Accountant in maintaining the integrity of the Council's accounts, and producing the Statement of Accounts each year.
This role is to work alongside the two other principal accountants on the Implementation of the IFRS 16 - Capital Lease Accounting, Chart of Accounts maintenance, revenue and Balance Sheet Accounting. The Principal Accountant has a high degree of responsibility and autonomy for how they approach the workload in their areas: including the design and preparation of working papers, and managing audit queries within their areas.
Experience of working in a local authority closing team and demonstrate their understanding of the application of the CIPFA Code of Practice.
* Prospective applicants should be qualified or actively studying towards a CCAB qualification or equivalent
* Fixed Assets accounting experience including processing valuation journals and responding to audit queries
* Knowledge and experience in the implementation of IFRS 16 Capital Lease Accounting
* Prepared core financial statements and/or critical notes to financial statements giving examples
* Produced consolidated Group year-end accounts
* Produced statistical returns eg Revenue Outturn (RO), QRO, WGA, and Capital Outturn Return
* Provided advice on VAT, preparation of VAT returns and partial exemption Calculations
* Preparation of collection fund statement
* Maintaining the integrity of the Chart of Accounts and Balance Sheet
* HRA Closing