Founded in 1951 in the Centre of France Walden is an independent Family Group driven with passion to become today the European leader in Healthcare Transport & Logistics. Our services include Logistics through Movianto and CSP, Transport through EurotransPharma, TransPharma International and Ciblex, as well as Digital & Innovation services through Pharma Pilot.
In particular, Pharma Pilot is our European-scale IT services company specializing in value-added services to support market access for European pharmaceuticals companies, through a centralized proprietary WMS platform, a centralized proprietary TMS platform, a web Access tool (used by the pharmacists), and a D2P platform.
For our branch in the UK
we are looking for an experienced Senior IT Project Manager Bedford UK About the job
We are looking to strengthen the IT PMO team with the appointment of a Senior Project Manager on a permanent basis. This role will ideally be based in Bedford UK with some remote work.
This role will report directly to the IT PMO Leader who is based in Dublin, and will work with the IT PMO and Business PM teams to lead and direct the IT migration to the Bedford Link location collaborating and coordinating across all IT and business segments. The focus will be on both the infrastructure set up and migration of clients to the new applications.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines project value proposition, scope, work plan, resource needs, timeline and budget for IT projects.
- Manages resources (i.e. capital requirements and human capital, etc.) to complete project/program on time and within budget
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the effective execution of projects
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Keeps team and leadership updated on project status and risk factors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Provides technical and process guidance to project team.
- Drives the development and execution of project plan by working with project team to define, sequence, and estimate duration of activities and determine schedules to meet project objectives.
- Ensures consistency and adherence to standards, processes, and policies for all projects.
- Manages all aspects of the project execution including chartering, scope definition, requirements gathering, project planning, change control, risk management and reporting.
- Facilitates and manages resource planning, cost estimation, budget development, and cost control.
- Manages the identification, resolution and escalation of project risks and issues.
- Tracks project budget and resource utilization against plan.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Plans and executes project communications ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation and issue resolution to all appropriate team members.
- May be responsible for multiple Project Managers dedicated to a common project or fewer large/highly complex customer projects/deliverables.
- To measure, display and circulate commercial results, including periodical forecasts
- Comply with all standard operating procedures in place relevant to your work activities ensuring not to perform any tasks you have not received training in.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
- Travel may be required on an ad hoc basis, up to 20%
- 5+ years of experience delivering information technology projects with warehouse management systems integration, within healthcare; Pharma, Med Device, Supply Chain compliance (transport and logistics)
- Advanced understanding of IT Project Management principles and techniques; preferred certification is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of various IT disciplines, project management, software development processes and infrastructure management is required.
- Fluent English and French - written and oral is necessary
- Extensive experience in managing change and engaging team members.
- Advanced ability to provide direction and leadership to others.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects of varying size and across diverse technology areas
- Must have a flexible approach to work and be capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and excellent organisational skills - driven to deliver the required results.
- May prepare, present, distribute project, program, or portfolio information to all levels of the organisation, customers and staff; as well as others both internal and external to the organisation; represents the organisation to customers and other external resources.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience of interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Must have excellent relationship management and communication skills necessary for negotiating with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment and to tight timelines.
- Hands-on approach to issue resolution.
- A team player with an ability to communicate across functional departments and divisions.
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with teammates.
- Works well in a fast and complex environment.
- Must be a self-starter and work well independently to meet business timelines with a positive 'can-do' approach.
- Ability to work with and empathize with colleagues and customers from varied backgrounds and cultures.
Walden is an equal opportunities employer.
All tasks must be carried out in compliance with the company and country legislation and practices, health and safety at work and environment guidelines relevant to the market in which the role is operational in.
Please note the list above is not exhaustive and we expect the post holder to be flexible within the framework of the job definition.