Want to be part of the most dynamic automotive media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a fast paced company where you can express yourself in a positive environment where change and growth are celebrated?
Autovia is part of the Dennis Publishing Group. Here we are dedicated to creating and building highly successful brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in. As a result we are looking for the highest calibre of talent to join us and help us with the next stage of our growth journey. Our car brands are an important part of our strategy which includes being able to offer our customers a solution for every stage of researching and buying a car.
We own leading automotive titles including AutoExpress, CarBuyer, DrivingElectric, Evo, Octane, CarThrottle among others. We also own the UK's first online business to sell and deliver used cars to your home in Buyacar.co.uk. This is one of our fastest growing brands and is transforming the way people buy cars, allowing customers to browse thousands of cars online without the need to visit or even speak to a car dealer. We make it simple to purchase directly through our sales team, and deliver the car directly to the customer's door. This unique offering and our "customer-first" approach has earned us an "excellent" rating on TrustPilot.
We want to hire an experienced Head of DevOps who is able to help us achieve our growth ambitions within our ecommerce part of the business. The successful candidate is likely to be a Technical Architect with a significant track record of success in a high growth eCommerce or a digital media business with a strong technical understanding and excellent communication skills..Job Description
- Work with their team to roll out new features and products
- Hiring and training technical personnel
- Delegating work and assignments to team members
- Collaborating with their team to identify and fix technical problems
- Analyzing users' needs and then finding applications to serve them
- Creating end goals for their team
- Code reviews and supervising technical plans
- Responsible for the quality and security of code produced
- Guiding their team through technical issues and challenges
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, Delivery Manager and QA to drive delivery
- You have a proven track record in delivery technology within an enterprise environment
- You will be able to manage staff in a firm but fair way, coaching and mentoring more junior
- members of the team.
- You've got excellent verbal and written communication skills and can influence as well as lead
- You have an excellent attention to detail as well as the ability to see the bigger picture
- Proven ability to 'roll sleeves up' and take a hands-on approach to delivering
- Supervise and be engaged in the implementation of CI/CD pipelines for multiple systems
- across the platform
- You will be engaged in the day to day operations of the platform, managing the quality for the
- technical DevOps work delivered.
- Be engaged in automated infrastructure provisioning and post provisioning automation.
- In depth knowledge of the software development life cycle within a Scrum / Agile environment
- Excellent knowledge of AWS services and design
- Experience using and managing ElasticSearch, PHP, Java environments
At Autovia we want our people to embrace the journey, be curious, think creatively, push the boundaries and be a positive team player. Our driving force is to wow our customers, listen to what they want and deliver best in class service whatever part of the business you join. All we ask is that you keep it real, be authentic to who you are, respect others and have fun along the way!
We're proud that our teams are as diverse as our customers. We recruit talented people based only on their skills, experience, and their drive to make Autovia the best it can be. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!