As an innovator of secure technologies, Spinnaker is a recognised world leader in the manufacture of cash protection systems and asset tracking security. Since 1985, Spinnaker's British engineering has protected clients' cash against loss and their people from harm.
Spinnaker is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.Location:
Saltash, Cornwall, UKAbout the job:
As a key member of the Research and Design team we are seeking an Electronics design engineer. You will be enthusiastic, keen to learn and willing to get involved.
R&D focus is on new and cutting-edge solutions for the secure cash sector. You will be required to discuss, research and prove new solutions as well as supporting designs through to production with the support of the senior engineers.Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide novel and innovative solutions to design requirements and design / product issues.
- Design, develop and test electronic circuits, ensuring that the design meets the necessary requirements.
- Layout PCBs to meet the required performance electrically, mechanically and environmentally.
- Have prototype PCB assemblies manufactured and create appropriate documentation to allow the timely, cost effective and quality manufacture of the PCB.
- Complete verification and validation testing on designed electronics and raise reports.
- Perform pre-compliance EMC tests on all products to provide a high level of confidence in the product being able to pass the required legislative testing and to ensure the product is robust for the market it is to be used.
- Work in partnership with Production Engineering to ensure all designs are fully testable and provide test requirements specifications.
- Liaise with suppliers, in partnership with Purchasing, on technical issues faced by the supplier and to source new components ensuring an acceptable supply chain can be maintained in Production.
- Liaise with other Spinnaker departments to provide technical support on released products.
All candidates will undergo 10-year security screening including DBS checks.Benefit Package:
- The role requires you to interface with suppliers and departments within Spinnaker. Therefore you should be able communicate information verbally, or in writing at an appropriate level in a professional manner and create, maintain and enhance productive working relationships.
- The job may require UK & international travel from time to time.
25-days holiday plus bank holidays, increases to 30 days plus bank holidays after 5-years
Employee/Employer Pensions Contribution (4.5% ER)
Money-back Health scheme (physical and mental health support)
Half day & casual dress on a FridayWe look forward to hearing from you!