Network Development Engineer
Who are Beeks Group?
Beeks Group is a fast-growing global business delivering low-latency compute, connectivity, and analytics exclusively within global capital markets and financial services.
We are an AIM listed company, based in Scotland, and have an international network of over twenty growing data centers. Headquartered in Hillington, we are soon moving into a new highly spec'd out facility just outside Braehead in order to support our significant growth.
About the role
The Network Development Engineer will be part of a small team of software developers working towards the automated management of Beeks' extensive network. They will assist in writing processes and scripts to enable customers and internal stakeholders to request changes to their network configuration, and ensuring that internal records of our setup are up to date.
- Writing processes and scripts to best enable customers to perform network management tasks e.g., the creation and amendment of VLANs, port management
- Working closely with our software developers to automate network deployment and operations
- Working closely with our Business Analysts and Network Operations Center to understand technical requirements and design appropriate solutions to technical challenges
- Assisting in ensuring that network sources of truth have full and up-to-date records of the network
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Design processes with usability and maintainability in mind
- Working in Agile teams to ensure timely delivery of requirements
- DevNet/CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA accreditation
- Developing APIs
- Data modelling
- Version control (Git/Gitlab)
- Knowledge of VMware
Experience / Requirements:
You may either be a Software Developer with networking knowledge/experience or a Network Engineer with experience of Network Automation using Python. Ideally you would have some experience in a data centre, cloud computing or hosting provider background.
Compensation & Rewards:
- A unique and rewarding performance-based share option scheme.
- Private Healthcare
- 33 days annual leave (including public holidays)
- Training Budget
- Group life cover (4 x salary)
- Flexible Work Schedule.
- Hybrid working pattern home/office (2 days min. per week)
We are an Equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK