This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Ventures, an exciting and entrepreneurial part of the firm the home of our product and engineering teams, as well as our venture incubators and studios.
We bring together creative problem solvers, doers and makers from all walks of life, united by a drive to help make change happen in our own business, and for our clients.Together, we see a better future. And then create it.
Within Tax Ventures, we are passionate about helping our Tax & Legal business grow and transform by introducing and integrating innovative technologies within our wide range of service lines.
Our team is expanding, so were looking for a Senior Business Analyst / Delivery Lead to work with internal business units across Tax & Legal and clients to transform domain expertise into powerful knowledge models using our third-party AI tools. The aim is to deliver value through efficiency and new revenue streams via new AI powered products and services. The role also involves working on multiple live projects, communicating with stakeholders whilst demonstrating excellent analytical and documentation skills.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements thatallow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you withsome flexibility, please do discuss withus.Your role
Key to this role is the ability to build strong relationships and work closely with our technology vendors and internal SMEs across Tax & Legal in the UK. You will be supported by a team to build and manage a portfolio of PoCs and assets in the area of AI / Automation. You will become an expert in automation and use your interpersonal and business development skills to identify new opportunities and ensure the smooth delivery of our solutions.
You also act as a conduit between our partners and end users, and work with supporting members of the team to conduct user acceptance testing, fulfilling IT risk logs and exploring opportunities to improve our technology. You will support end users by managing support requests with our third-party vendors.
This role will require strong stakeholder management skills and require an RPA development or business analysis background, with the ability to take complex processes and knowledge and distil them into an effective automation solution.
We dont expect prior experience in Artificial Intelligence or automation but experience with RPA / Automation technologies or other business process platforms or some experience in computer science is a clear advantage.
- Lead, drive and manage cross-functional initiatives, define ambition and approach requirements to provide solutions and execute delivery
- Partner and collaborate with external vendors on matters of design, planning, resourcing and delivery
- Working with our internal Tax and Legal teams and external vendors to understand complex business requirements and translate into proof of concepts
- Champion the transformation of Tax & Legal through AI
- Building relationships with our internal teams, clients and partners and proactively working to find new developmental opportunities
- Proactively learning & specialising in using our AI based platform(s) to facilitate new and innovative AI based assets specifically in the domain of knowledge-based or equivalent machine intelligence decisioning solutions
- Keeping abreast of new technologies in the market
- Developing high quality materials and collateral through mock-ups, presentations, webinars, workshops etc
- Build automation roadmap and ensure its delivery by working together with our sponsors, vendors, project managers, technical SMEs and development resources.
- Support the teams through the lifecycle of the automation projects and ensure delivery within outlined timeframes and to high standards
- Provide analytical support and scenario analysis to enable swift decision making in planning and implementation
- Working with a wide range of internal teams and external third-party platform leads both software technical and non-technical to help deliver on full life cycle of projects
- Working closely with software developers to help with UI and integration requirements of assets
Your work, your choice
- Effective coaching and management of internal supporting team members
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based at our London office; occasional travel may be required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent full time opportunity.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and well try to accommodate.Your professional experience
Your service line: Tax Consulting
- A passion for technology and a flair for picking up new technical skills quickly, preferably new platform technologies, ideally RPA, business process or rules engines
- MSc / BEng / PhD Computer Science, Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence or related subject is preferable but not necessary if demonstrable experience in software architectural thinking, software development or customising platform technologies
- Experience with Web technologies and infrastructure knowledge would be advantageous
- Team player with experience in working with multiple stakeholders on a project (or portfolio of projects)
- Demonstrable experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience in organisational technology transformation programs (knowledge of working in/with Tax & Legal businesses is preferable but not necessary)
- Innovative mindset and keen interest thinking around technology disrupters and transformation
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and fast-paced project environments and demonstrate personal resilience
- Ability to develop and manage client/stakeholder relationships across a wide range of audiences
- Knowledge of effectively implementing and managing technology solutions across diverse business units
- Experience facilitating and running engaging and impactful workshops
- Be comfortable in a rapidly evolving environment and be a change agent
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, its all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. Youll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And youll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? Its how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what were looking for:
- We live our purpose:we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent:we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance:we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters:we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction:we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.