SolarWinds SME- Permanent - Manchester - Flexible - Hybrid - Excellent benefits- UK Home Office Senior Infrastructure Engineer - SolarWinds SME
Are you an expert in SolarWinds? Do you have a passion for Network and Infrastructure Tooling Engineering? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing and supportive team working with cutting-edge technologies at UK Home Office.Job Responsibilities
As a SolarWinds SME you will be part of DDaT's cutting-edge IT Operations Centre (ITOC) function which conducts real-time monitoring of the core technology, infrastructure, applications and services within the Home Office, providing a consolidated single operational view of the Home Office technical estate and facilitating 24/7/365 monitoring, support and recovery.
As part of the OST (Operational Support Tooling) team within ITOC, you will be involved across the service lifecycle building, administering, transitioning, maintaining and supporting Health & Performance monitoring solutions and their integrations with the ITSM manager of managers, ServiceNow.
You will manage and support tooling used for real-time monitoring of the health and performance of highly secure & complex network and infrastructure environments, and you will be responsible for the Home Office suite of SolarWinds Orion Platform products.Your day to day responsibilities will include
We will see that a successful SolarWinds SME holds skills and experience in
- Developing and supporting the SolarWinds network & infrastructure monitoring toolset and its integration with the Manager of Managers for event correlation.
- Maintaining the high availability (HA) monitoring tool configuration.
- Configuring and administering the SolarWinds Orion Platform products which include Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Network Traffic Analyzer (NTA), Network Configuration Manager (NCM) and others.
- Planning, designing, implementing & managing system upgrades including patch management of monitoring toolsets.
- Creating, updating and maintaining technical documentation, work instructions and guidance notes for supported toolsets.
- Working in cooperation with testing to ensure the integrity & quality of the monitoring solution.
- Proactively managing alerts & thresholds for monitored infrastructure and services, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements.
- Responding to and supporting the resolution of incidents, problem analysis, root cause identification and fix.
What's on offer
- Subject matter expertise in managing & maintaining core network & infrastructure monitoring toolsets such as SolarWinds.
- Knowledge of the application and database requirements and configuration of SolarWinds Orion Platform products.
- Configuring monitors using SNMP, SSH, WMI and other technologies.
- Implementing and supporting event management solutions, toolsets and methods of event aggregation from multiple sources.
- Networking concepts, switching, routing, firewalling and load balancing.
As an employer of choice, the Home Office offers an extensive benefits package including:
- A starting salary of £37,450 (National) or £41,950 (London) with up to an additional £8,300 as an annual retention allowance for candidates who can demonstrate exceptional skills or experience.
- An outstanding pension scheme, with an employer contribution rate of 1%.
- Flexible and hybrid working to support a healthy work life balance
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 10 year's service in the Home Office) plus 8 bank holidays (9 in 2022) and 1 additional day for the Queen's Birthday
- Frequent promotion opportunities with broad career and technical development with an emphasis on building on internal talent.
Please note, this application would be an expression of interest through Hays, the official recruitment partner for the Home Office. Instructions will be provided once Hays have reviewed your suitability for the role.
To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to gain Security Clearance. You should normally have been resident in the United Kingdom for the last 5 years in order to enable appropriate checks for SC clearance. If you're unsure, reach out and we can provide