Technical Support Engineer - Embedded systems, RTOS, C++
£30,000-£40,000 base salary
Bath, UK - remote working options possible
I am recruiting for a market leading, secure, international company, with a Bath HQ that have the warmth and feel of a growing start up. They are offering a friendly, flexible work style, with home working and no core hours across the team.
This position reports into the integrations manager and is a key customer facing role for both pre and post sales.
To communicate at the needed technical level, a background and understanding in embedded systems if key and any technical support, applications experience will be great.Benefits:
What you'll do
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance including dental & optical (employee and dependents)
- Employee Assistance Program (access to free mental health support)
- Flexible working
- Overseas social events
- Act as the first technical point of contact with pre-sales prospects and post-sale customers.
- At all times remain the 'owner' of the customer's technical issues, seeking to resolve these to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Provide pre-sales support in the form of demonstrations, workshops, and webinars to promote the companies' tools.
- Advise customers about new or planned features and assist them in applying companies' tools to specific use cases.
- Technical deployment of the tools to customer's embedded software development environments.
- Delivery of tool consultancy and training courses
- Provide post-sales support to customers via email, webinar, and phone.
- Create supporting tool documentation, tutorials, videos, and demonstrations.
- Participate in future tool development planning.
You will be self-motivated, have a relevant degree and be able to demonstrate strong skills in:
- 3+ years in a technical support or field application engineer role.
- Background in embedded, real-time software in C and C++.
- Broad experience with debuggers, compilers, IDE's, RTOS, simulators and emulators.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work independently with a self-motivated self-driven style and willing to travel.
- Unit testing
- Embedded I/O)
- Functional safety software standards (ISO 26262, DO-178C, etc)
We have a straightforward 1 stage interview process to allow two-way conversations to assess suitability for both parties. This is ideally onsite, but can be done remotely if needed.
Please apply to this advert to get me your updated CV and I'll be in touch to start the process.
ISL (Incite Solutions Ltd) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.