Are you an expert in ServiceNow? Do you have a passion for Event Management? If so, read on for a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing and supportive team working with cutting-edge technologies at UK Home Office.Job Responsibilities
As a ServiceNow Developer within DDaT's IT Service Operations area, you join a small and specialised team who ensure the good health and consistent running of Home Office systems through real-time monitoring of the core technology, infrastructure, applications and services within the Home Office. This function provides a consolidated single operational view of the Home Office technical estate and facilitating 24/7/365 monitoring, support and recovery.
We're looking for someone who is enthusiastic about what they do and will be able to hit the ground running, being experienced with developing for ServiceNow and familiar with event management. Your main day to day responsibilities will revolve around co-creating, refining and delivering on stories related to Event Management in ServiceNow, including:
We will see that a successful candidate holds
- Delivering secure, reliable and scalable software in your squad; undertaking a breadth of Development tasks.
- Designing new software using appropriate tools and in line with standards, proving designs through prototyping.
- Reporting on system performance and supporting test activities; keeping documentation up to date.
- Supporting services you have delivered through regular maintenance activities, balancing your work with your leadership.
- Working with other engineers to deliver new capability, for instance improved CI/CD pipelines or test approaches.
- A ServiceNow System Administration Certification
- In-depth experience in designing ServiceNow applications and web-based solutions
- Experience with REST API connection.
What's on offer
- Experience in implementing Event Management and tooling integrations including Connectors/MID Servers
As an employer of choice, the Home Office offers an extensive benefits package including:
- A starting salary of £37,450 (National) or £41,950 (London) with up to an additional £8,300 as an annual retention allowance for candidates who can demonstrate exceptional skills or experience.
- An outstanding pension scheme, with an employer contribution rate of 1%.
- Flexible and hybrid working to support a healthy work life balance
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 10 year's service in the Home Office) plus 8 bank holidays and 1 additional day for the Queen's Birthday
- Frequent promotion opportunities with broad career and technical development with an emphasis on building on internal talent.
Please note, this application would be an expression of interest through Hays, the official recruitment partner for the Home Office. Instructions will be provided once Hays have reviewed your suitability for the role.
To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to gain Security Clearance. You should normally have been resident in the United Kingdom for the last 5 years in order to enable appropriate checks for SC clearance. If you're unsure, reach out and we can provide further guidance on an individual basis.