Chemring Countermeasures is a world leading and innovative company, designing and developing countermeasure solutions to armed forces throughout the world. We are part of the Chemring Group of companies and have a solid global infrastructure, which also helps us to thrive.
We have more than 50 years' experience at the forefront of Radio Frequency (RF) and Infrared (IR) expendable decoy research, design and manufacture, and as a company with a culture of innovation, operational excellence and safety, we operate at the leading edge of expendable countermeasure technology.
As part of our continual investment in the very best people to contribute to our delivery of highly reliable solutions, we are seeking individuals who are not only of the highest calibre for today's business, but have the capability to perform at even higher standards to meet the needs of tomorrow's threats facing our armed forces.
We are currently looking for Shift Maintenance Engineers to join our Maintenance Department.
You will be responsible for proactively and reactively completing maintenance tasks at the High Post site. You will be responsible for the electrical and mechanical requirements of the site to ensure continuity of production operations. The successful candidate will carry out planned maintenance schedules on plant and equipment including the maintenance of electrics, pneumatics, hydraulics, PLC's and maintain a safe systems of work.
Responsibilities of the role will include, but not limited to:
* Carry out electrical and mechanical planned maintenance tasks in line with current schedules.
* Carry out fault finding on the automated PLC controlled production facility and take remedial actions to safely rectify breakdown situations and restore production.
* Plan and organise follow up work derived from planned maintenance checks.
* Attend to electrical and mechanical and plant breakdowns
* Co-ordinate any follow on activities between shifts leaving clear instructions.
* Identifying spare part requirements.
* Carry out minor project work e.g. building rewiring, new equipment installations, process and asset movements, machine upgrades, CCTV installations, energy management etc.
* Recommend and implement improvements to assets, plant and buildings in order to achieve gains in safety, quality, productivity and reductions in cost.
* To ensure their own health, safety and welfare and the safety of all other persons who may be affected by their activities.
* Aware of the company requirements for the protection of the environment in their workplace and any areas that may be affected by their activities, to follow company procedures and participate in making environmental improvements.
- Right to live and work in the UK, with ability to obtain SC level clearance (5 years British residency), if required
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical discipline
- City & Guilds 17th or 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Compex Certified (Gas & Dust)
- Experience within Electrical Maintenance
- Experience within Mechanical Maintenance
- Demonstrate experience within an automated process environment
- Working knowledge of SCADA control systems
- Working knowledge of Siemens PLC systems
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Understanding of basic machinery safety desirable
- Knowledge of abrasive wheel regulations advantageous
- Proficient in MS Office
This role will be worked over a 42 hour working week* and will include the requirement for 24/7 maintenance team cover for completion of works. *DuPont Shift System
If this position is of interest, please contact our Recruitment Team with an up to date CV