Our client is based in Hastings and due to their continual growth, we are delighted to be recruiting for production operators to join their team.
The Client has also launched a development incentive for new starters to learn 4 new skills within their production processes to become eligible for a pay rise. The position will be a temporary to permanent position for the right candidate.Main Duties:
- To effectively run and maintain the packaging machinery, ensuring that they operate safely and hygienically.
- To support the Departmental Manager (Kitchen or Packaging) in the production of orders through the use of the packaging machinery, ensuring all procedures, controls and records are completed to meet the requirements of the Company Policy and Procedures Manual.
- To operate packaging machinery across both kitchen and packaging departments; following guidelines for use and ensuring work is carried out in a safe and hygienic manner.
- To complete appropriate records of packaged products, ensuring the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual are maintained.
- To effectively problem solve minor mechanical issues and correct them.
- To communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues.
- To fill and seal a variety of cold/hot food products in a range of packaging containers; to the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual.
- To ensure all products are labeled correctly to the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual.
- To pack products as required in cases, ensuring standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual are adhered to.
- To carry out product checks to ensure the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual are achieved.
- To ensure machinery is thoroughly cleaned as required; in line with standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual.
- To ensure work area is clean, sanitised, tidy and well maintained and to complete relevant records for cleaning activities, following the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual.
- To ensure a high level of hygiene is maintained both personally and within the work area.
- To comply with health and safety legislation.
- To comply with policies and procedures
- To report any maintenance requirements or repairs to the area supervisor, chief engineer or senior maintenance engineer
- To report any issues that may affect food safety, quality or legality or pose a risk to health and safety
- To behave in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with the Ethical Trading Policy.
- To support other areas within production where required
- To carry out duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- No formal qualification required.
- Good general education.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team and use own initiative.
- Knowledge of hygiene practices.
- Knowledge of health & safety practice.
- Good IT skills.
- Experience of working in a similar role or environment is desirable.
- 8 hour shifts
- 3pm to 11.30pm
We will try to respond to reply to all applications. If, however you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements advertised by CDH Recruitment Limited