Executive Product Manager - Archive Data
This role is flexible on base, Glasgow, London or Salford
Archives Technology & Services is responsible for the management and storage of the BBC's catalogue of content, this includes stores of physical material and a range of systems and products which make BBC content accessible to our audiences, programme makers and partners. The BBC's Archive grows on a daily basis , as well as looking after nearly 100 years of heritage we also develop and design new products and systems to capture and make accessible a huge variety of content.
The Executive Product Manager Archive Data is primarily responsible harmonising and rationalising our approach to data, data quality, assurance, audit and search across systems and workflows supporting Archive Technology & Services operations including processes, workflows and systems across the physical and virtual estate.
Are you the right person
- Responsible for the line management and development of a team that personifies BBC values and plays a critical role in delivering our core objectives
- For devising and delivering a comprehensive data strategy that enables and enriches BBC archive systems and processes
- For rationalising data complexity and ensuring data integrity and accuracy across the BBC's portfolio of archive systems, products & processes
- For ensuring Archives Technology & Services has appropriate and robust audit records within systems for any data changes and that we can robustly track our content around the enterprise
- For delivering a unified search and discovery experience for a wide range of users and partners who access the BBC's extensive back catalogue
- For unifying user access to archive products and systems and supporting the creation of a single searchable portal for BBC archive holdings
- The ability to manage a team effectively and engage with a wide range of stakeholders to shape the strategic and operational requirements leading to successful outcomes
- The ability to develop strategy and implement it within an agreed delivery schedule
- To be resilient having the ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously
- To maintain an essential focus on delivering quality services and robust processes that supports the critical nature of reuse, publication, playout and archiving processes
- To have a comprehensive knowledge of the archive and broadcast data structures, challenges and issues